Suggestions!

johnccjohncc Member Posts: 25
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
1. Please make changes to the 10MB limit. I have a wonderful complex game that cannot be created into an iPhone game because of this limit.

2. The ability to save. This is a must have feature in games. Users don't always want to start from square one everytime they play. They want recognition for the levels they have already beat!

3. Fix the Default Loding Screen. YOUR company logo loading for a full minute isn't exactly good advertising. S-L-O-W game loading doesn't look good for the app or gamesalad. Figure out a better way to present the gamesalad screen. It just annoys the user when there is not a better way to load the game. I understand this is strictly my opinion, but I have also had many friends and test users express the same thought.

THANKS!

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I was under the impression that you could make games for the iphone that are over 10mb, just not for the GS website.
  • johnccjohncc Member Posts: 25
    I understand that it is still in Beta so I don't expect it to be perfect. Gamesalad is an amazing tool for making games... can't argue that. Would love to see these issues addressed. It would make it even better.
    How do you make games with GameSalad over 10mb for the iPhone? Do we upload it through a different method?

Thanks in advance!
  • enigmacubedenigmacubed Member Posts: 35
    im just posting a quick post because i want to see if i can actually post because i havent been able to start a thread
    Do games 10MB or over requires upload via the website? Because when I attempt to upload via the GameSalad Application I get an alert that says my game is over 10MB. It doesn't even get to the point where I can specify that my game is for iPhone.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    We'll get that fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I thought the 10mb limit was suggested b/c on your iphone or itouch, you can only download games on the go that are 10mb or less.... but this is a GS thing?
    I figured it out! I was able to upload my game via the webisite! Great!

Butterbean,

I can't speak for GameSalad as to why there appears to be a 10MB limit. But in regards to the App Store, you can't download games that are less that 10MB via 3G or Edge. You can however download them via a WiFi connection.

Regardless, it appears that if you want to create a game larger than 10MB you can... it just needs to be submitted via the website as opposed to the "Publish" Button in GameSalad Creator.