Submitting to app store...

ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
I'm having a little problem with trying to make a distribution build of my app. I have the dev build down, but do i need to make a whole new app id for the same game, and do i have to download another xcode build of my game again?

Comments

• johnccjohncc Member Posts: 25
    You just need to make sure that you have downloaded and installed the Distribution profiles. If you have been able to run your game on your device then you have installed your Development profiles correctly. Do the same thing for Distribution.

Once they are installed correctly:

1. Duplicate the Release configuration and name it "Distribution"

2. Within the "Build" tab of your project target make sure that the "configuration" button is on "Distribution"

3. Within the "Properties" tab of your project make sure that the "Identifier" is filled out correctly... Should be something like DG3JISL3K449.com.yourname.nameofapp

4. Within the "Build" tab of your project target also make sure that the code signing identity says "iPhone Distribution: ..."

5. In your main project window select "Device 3.0" or whatever OS and then "Distribution"

6. Go up to the "Build" in the Menu bar and select "Build"

7. After it is done building go to the "Products" Folder in the left side of the xcode project and right click. Press "Reveal in Finder" and then Right click on your Application and "Compress"

It should be ready to submit! I just woke up so Im a bit out of it, but I think I went through all the steps. Just make sure you have created and installed the Distribution Profiles in the DevPortal.

Best of luck!