LOL! I am having fun today :)

xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
As you all know, well most of you know, maybe some of you know that I have released the first two "test apps" in the AppStore a few days ago.
Today, I was googling "little composers trumpet 3" and found about ten website which list apps for some reason.
Got a beautiful translation from a German site, absolutely LOVE IT!
Then there was the chinese torrent site (I think it was Chinese) ... No clue why they list free apps???

All in all, a fun discovery!
Torrent site?
http://www.torrent.co.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=iphone_free_app&wr_id=11915
German:

http://www.app-kostenlos.de/2010/12/29/die-trompete-fur-kleine-musiker-ist-heute-fur-das-ipad-gratis/

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Awesome that its getting some coverage!
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    Hey John,
    I miss chatting with you! Yes, in a way it is awesome :)
    Prior to the games, when I used to google something, I was happy if the result was a link to my page.
    Now, I love seeing other sites that pop up and don't even click links to my page(s).

Is your game done and "up where it belongs"? Imagine, your game will be the first game I will ever buy in my life and hope that you have "training wheels" for someone like me ;)

Oh, I also figures out how the reviews go. When you leave a review, it shows in the US store. The Canadian reviews on the other hand, show here only. That was confusing to me.
    My students are turning out to be pretty good little reviewers :) LOL
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Today? You seem to have fun every day. Your screen name is xyloFUN.
    Photics said:
    Today? You seem to have fun every day. Your screen name is xyloFUN.

and my phone number is 604 2002FUN < That is the most fun number i have ever had in my life! Plus, i just got married a few months ago ... that was FUN too! LOL

Actually, I got such a good review from the German site that I am seriously considering to take a brake from GS for a day and fix up the xylofun.eu site ... maybe in German (they are the only country inside the EU that has an economy these days ;)
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    xyloFUN said:
    Hey John,
    I miss chatting with you! Yes, in a way it is awesome :)
    Prior to the games, when I used to google something, I was happy if the result was a link to my page.
    Now, I love seeing other sites that pop up and don't even click links to my page(s).

Is your game done and "up where it belongs"? Imagine, your game will be the first game I will ever buy in my life and hope that you have "training wheels" for someone like me ;)

Oh, I also figures out how the reviews go. When you leave a review, it shows in the US store. The Canadian reviews on the other hand, show here only. That was confusing to me.
    My students are turning out to be pretty good little reviewers :) LOL

The game were workin on is almost finsihed, and im just waiting for the right time to release ibmx :)

Got anything new your working on? Shoot me a email later if your not to busy!
    John,
    it's a good day :)
    I just logged into iTunes to check if someone downloaded anything and because of the publicity such as "App of the Day" on a German site, I had a MASSIVE increase from last night.
    Both of the instruments are now "New & Noteworthy" (Games > Education & Games > Kids) in the Canadian App Store.
    Almost 3000 downloads which is a lot if you consider that this is NOT a game but rather an educational app.

I love how the German writeup states that the little composers trumpet is the instrument before the real instrument! I will build on that :)

Right now, I am working on artwork for a new instrument ... i no longer recreate real world models and rather invent new looking ones .... because those are more fun for the kids to mess with ;)
  • App-AgencyApp-Agency Member Posts: 3
    I am the Publisher of app-kostenlos.de and I congratulate you for this download-success. We are delivering such results on a regulary basis up to 20,000 Downloads after reviewing apps on our blog.

We are always open to developers, who want to raise their download-figures.

Markus
    Thanks Markus!
    I am still excited about the fact that you or someone in your company has taken the time to properly review the application and not only that, but did it well too! OK, the four star rating was very nice as well! :) I did not expect that as it is was my first project.
    Now if I could only find a way to convert those "download figures" to $$ figures? LOL

I suppose that if I keep creating stuff, that will come too ....