Help with Game Size!

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
So my project size for this platformer I've been working on says it's 10.4mb in the bottom right corner of the project.

So I thought by the time I upload it to Gamesalad and to Xcode creating the file for distribution, it would just be under 10mb, but it's not the case!

It says it's 11.1 mb zipped! I was wanting to make this game below 10mb so people can download it on the go, anyone else had this issue?

How can I check the contents to make sure there aren't any extra or excess "stuff" taking up memory, and I really thought what is stated in the project is truly the size...

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Also, I already downloaded the provisioning profile and app id etc, do I have to redo this if I re-upload the game to the website?
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    Just a stupid question:

On what file the size limit for 3G network is applied? To the original .app or to the compressed app?
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    I believe it's the final .app file you are to compress and send to Apple's iTunes Connect that needs to be under 10MB.
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    I would look at you images in GS. If you have any images not being used remove them from the project. If you have any background images that's just a color, remove them and use the background color attribute.
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    In reference to your other question, the App ID and Distribution Profile only applies the first time for each game you create, and it only applies to iPhone uploads. Uploading for web games doesn't need anything related to the Distro Profile.