Art for my new game

DetheDethe Member Posts: 172
Hello Everybody, I am making a game called Mecha Slayer and I just wanted to see what you think of some of the graphics I have already made.

Comments

• simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    picked so/so but wanted to post so I could give some opinion that may or may not help.

I think you might be losing two potentially important items ... color and likeability. I think your designs are good but would be better with popping colors. Also not sure of you gameplay plans but my personal opinion is unless it is visually stunning or complex and has a story line that demands regular/serious actors then I think a project needs an actor that creates an attachment and thus needs to be cute/likeable and that usually starts with the eyes.

Hope that doesn't sound like a downer ... cause you obviously have artistic/creative talents.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I agree on the popping colors, but if they're part of an element of eye popping backdrops and elements, and the characters are meant to be that color, then that would work too, but excellent art style!
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    Hi Dethe, agree with butterbean and simo103. I've voted "good". With colour, it might have been "great". It'd certainly be interesting to see your creations animated. Good luck with your game! :-)

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    I voted so so, but in all honesty it's hard to say until we see the rest of the style of the game backdrops etc.

There are pretty cool, nice proportions.

I'm guessing the lack of colour is because they are robots / mechs.

Could you add light beams comin out of the eyes likes headlights.

Be great to see them animated. Also be nice to see what they would look like without the stroke round each element and a rusty texture.

Looking forward to seeing more.
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    I voted "fine" but as others have been saying, it really depends on the rest of the art in your game, in particular the background, IMHO.

Graphics like this can look spectacular when they "pop" against the other art, or fit in particularly well with your game's overall style and color theme while still standing out as objects rather than simply scenery.

Any chance of seeing them against a backdrop?

Either way, you draw really well :)
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Like stormy said glowing eyes would make it look awesome. maybe neon purple, that would really stand out
  • DetheDethe Member Posts: 172
    Well everybody when I get to the animating stage then I WILL puts in glowing eyes, laser beams etc. (lots of effects). Thanks for the feedback.