My apps are dying on the app store... any suggestions?

azavegaazavega Member Posts: 362
Guys I've been 2 days in a row with no sales at all... is this a common stuff, do I have to be worried?
Sorry for asking but I'm new at this...
I'm preparing an update for Pinsoccer and summited an update for balloons tap rush already (its under review) what else can i do?
any suggestion will be appreciated...

Comments

• DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    I am new to it too. What I would suggest is recommend it to all of your friends with an Iphone/ipad/ipod touch and post the game at as many public places as you can. Do you have a facebook? If so try that. Also you could get a youtuber that reviews apps and gets a lot a views to review your app.
    DL
  • CodeCodeCodeCode Member Posts: 200
    So my opinion is your games aren't that good, sorry for telling you this is my honest opinion.
    My opinion for Pin Soccer from what you can see

- The graphics are ok but they aren't they aren't nothing special its not a buying reason and they are hundreds of soccer apps on the store even for free

- The 5 Pictures on the store are pretty much the same and they don't show anything special/interesting

The app icon is actually pretty boring but ok.

+ You have positive reviews on the store.

I think the whole thing is just interesting for a few people.
    By the way i give you 5 stars and a good review for your game in the german store.
    Hope i could help you and good luck :-)
  • azavegaazavega Member Posts: 362
    @dreamlab thanks for your suggestions i will try that...

@Prodigio thanks for your honest opinion about my game...Was my first game ever so I know its not a big deal, but some people like it other people don't like any other game on the app store...
    By the way thanks a lot for your review...
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    From my experience on the App Store thus far, I have learned a few things.

1. To really make a huge impact and sell lots of copies, your app has to be the first, or it has to be the best. What I mean by that is if your app(s) are very similar to others, they can be easily overlooked and slip through the cracks with such a huge store and market. Obviously, there are exceptions to every rule, but generally speaking this is a great way to get noticed in a positive way.

2. It's easier to be the first.
    With the outrageously high number of apps on the App Store, you will be noticed a lot more if your app stands out, or if there's nothing else like it available. This shrinks your competition, and directs more people to your app if there's not 1,000 more apps with the same basic idea.

3. A good icon, app description, and screenshots make all the difference.
    Whenever I'm looking through the App Store, and I notice an icon that looks really good, that makes me want to check out the app next to the icon. Whereas if the icon looks awful, I just keep on going. If your icon is really good and draws more people to view your app, a good description and screenshots can make or break their decision to buy. In the description, focus on what makes your app different from all the other apps on the store. Include engaging screenshots that interest the viewer. Include as many screenshots as possible, but make sure they are not of the same basic thing.

4. Tell as many people as you can.
    Tell friends, family, coworkers, and even the guy who cuts your hair about your app. Even if they don't have an iOS device, they might recommend your app to someone else who does.

5. Use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and all other social networking sites to your advantage.
    You will be amazed at how many people will notice your app if you put it on Facebook, or any other social networking site. If you don't have one, get a friend to write something about it on their page.

6. Use your promo codes.
    For each version of your app, Apple gives you 50 promo codes for you to distribute to people so they can download your app for FREE. One way to do this is by posting something on Facebook like "The first 30 people to message me and like this page will receive a promo code to download my latest app for FREE". Hopefully this will get people's attention, and spread the word in the process.

Hopefully this helps you get your apps noticed. Best of luck.

- Alex
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    We've only had 100 odd sales of running wild since release on the 17th dec so even good games (well i think it's a good game) can flop.

Unless we get N&N 2morro we will do a lite then if that fails make it free, if that fails move on to the next game but it will be a small one cause i can't take another 3 months with no return.

Guess you just have to keep plugging away.

Darren.
    Dawn so sorry to heard that... I really think it's a good game(running wild) I'm surprised it didn't sell more... You still have the option of doing the lite version I can't do that cause can pay yet the 500$ for the pro account and I miss the old option so cant upgrade for 99$ . I think that's gonna be my next step so I can developed free games with iAds...
    If after the upgrades don't have any results I will moved on onto another game, well I'm actually doing one...
    Thanks for all your comments guys...
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Galactic.Towers Sales have been horrible also. I've sold maybe 20 copies since dec. 16th. I just submitted a free version with less levels and ads throughout(tshirtbooth recommended I do full free version but I couldn't bring myself to do it). Hopefully that will boost sales a bit. I'm moving on from there if it doesn't do better.

@darren - Running wild is awesome I just finished the purple section and man a couple of those took me a bit to get through. Very good job, sorry to see it not do well.
  • VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    @tenrdrmer, you app should be sellin waaayyyyy more than that! it's great!

@Darren, I hope the best for you tomorrow .... VERY polished

@ azavega, I have three apps, and I'm lucky to get one sale a day.... that's why I set one to free. Try raising the price for one day, then lowering it, that could get you more sales.
    ~CTM
    That actually work? I mean if I'm actually doing bad you think raising the price gonna give more sales? I will try... I'll try anything right now lol
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Raising the price is not what gets you better sales. Its when you drop it back down in a 3-4 days. The theory is raise it up long enough for it to update through all app tracking sites and apps so when you drop it back to 0.99 it will be displayed on the tracking apps for a few days. ppl will see its on "sale" and buy it at the "discount"
  • EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Member Posts: 1,246
    If you will write an almost objective review of your game I will have it posted to an iPhone site. You can share the link later and even add it to the game description.

My friend can also write a review and post it to his site, but that will cost you $150... if you will write it yourself (and it will be good), he will post it for free.

GR
    ok @tendrmer thanks for the tip...
    @Gabbyr I'll write down an objective review and get in contact with you... where do I send it?
  • THRSTNTHRSTN Member Posts: 178
    My first game sideways pinball has only had around 40 sales since dec 17th and I just sent in a lite version with iAds and the first 3 levels (over 20 in the full version) open for review. I'm at around 1 sale a day now but I agree with Darren it's all about new and notable. You can have a unique game (like sideways pinball) that's totally different from other games out there slip thru the cracks very easy if no one really notices it (like running wild) and those app price drop sites work too. I originally had my game priced at 1.99 just because I know I'm gonna sell it for a buck but if I drop the price to free I get nothing for it and it appears on those sites but if I drop it to 99 it shows up on the sites and I get a buck a download so that's why I made it 1.99. I did that for Christmas and I saw a slight sales increase.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    you said:
    My apps are dying on the app store... any suggestions?...

make another bigger better game, mention your old games on the Touch Arcade forum. Maybe release a free version with less levels...
    @azavega,

send it to him directly at admin at ipadadviceandtips.com (this is the iPad site, he got an iPhone one as well).

* It should be at least 200 words, structured either as a review/intro or a blog post - not an advertisement (so no "best game ever created" or “a must buy” stuff).
    * Spell check and good english are a must
    * Send a single image (should be about 550*400)
    * Let him know if you want it to be posted under iPad or iPhone, or both if you have two versions of the game or a universal app

let me know when you sent it, I will follow up with him.

GR
    Just came back from work...
    @stormystudio thanks for your suggestion...
    @gabbyr I'll write that review and try to send it today I will let you know...
    Thanks in advance...
    Hey @azavega, your game review is on http://pureiphone.com/

I'm seeing Jim tomorrow, I'll let you know if the article had any hits.
  • FanStudioUKFanStudioUK Member Posts: 459
    I launched my app on Dec 9th and got featured by Apple 2 times - N&N in Simulation & Strategy - US & UK, and now as What's Hot in Simulation & Strategy - US & UK and I still don't see a spike in the sales...selling around 10 copies/day
  • jayleejaylee Member Posts: 9
    Gabbyr,

I've sent a review of my game, Save the Snowman, to ipadadviceandtips.com. If they will respond to me, I'll send in a picture and link. Thanks.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Don't give up, and keep making more games, and set the bar higher with each one you make :)
    Thanks guys for all the support, thats why i really love this forum, this community its very friendly and inspirational... My Update got approved by apple so let see if this new update makes the job...plus the link on the PureIphone.com site... I really recommend send an email to the admin of this site, he was really nice to me and very cooperative...
    One more time thanks for your comments...
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    butterbean said:
    Don't give up, and keep making more games, and set the bar higher with each one you make :)

Best. Advice. Evah.

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io