Spawn and destroy help

MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I've made this to show you the problem I have with this project:

http://gamesalad.com/game/play/29164

What I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    The timer was there but I noticed a mistake in one of the rules and now it runs better.

I've updated the project with another issue I'm having with GS: when I create an actor with size 10x10 and I set a change size behavior the touchable area remain 10x10 even if the actor is 20 times that.
    Any suggestion?
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    only thing I can think of is to spawn a new actor that is bigger than the original, though this may give you performance issues.

I have long thought that it would be nice if gs had a feature that allowed you to assign a touch area within an actor so that the image could be bigger than the collidable portion of the actor. This bug could be a weird solution to that (I realize I can always create an invisible actor and constrain the X&Y to the actor, but it is kind of a pain). Come to think of it you could change the size like you are doing and also spawn a new actor of the correct size and constrain its X&Y. If the new actor has the visible attribute unchecked it might cause fewer performance issues than spawn a new visible actor.

Sorry for the "thinking aloud" approach - it's how my brain works after a day of work and a few hours of full time Dad!

Hope this helps!