I want to target other app stores in other countries using their native language

xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
Hey,
I am wondering how I could put my app say in the German app store with a 100% German description and even a German UI meaning that the help files would be in German as well.

Anyone done this and if yes how?

Comments

• gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
    When you are submitting the app in iTunes connect, on the availability page just choose the German store. I think you'd have to have it as a separate app to the other version.

I'm thinking of doing an English, French and German version of my next game so I'd be interested to see how it goes!
    You could also put all the languages into one app and have the user select a language.
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    Gazjm,
    I would prefer to make the help menu multi lingual, basically like a mini web page and let the user pick a help page in their favorite language.
    That also would making future updates much much easier.

I will try with my next release to include German and maybe Dutch and French and see how that is received.

To be continued ....
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    Make an attribute called Language.
    Make an option scene where the user can choose his language. Buttons with rule: When touch is pressed - Change Attribute Language to 1 ( Where the number indicate a language)
    Make different images for each language with the text (that way you can use custom fonts) called PlayButton1, PlayButton2, etc, or Instruction1, Instruction2, etc.

Then on every actor that need to have it's image changed depending on the language just put a Change Attribute rule for self.Image to "Instruction"..game.Language..".png"

It works really well I used it on Aetherium
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    Marco ... thanks for the tip ... would you be willing to share if you think it gave you a better sales rate in those regions where the languages you chose were spoken?