Dear Moderators

JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I am aware that you do not typically comment on not yet released features for Game Salad. In most cases I am perfectly fine with being patient & waiting to find out all the new/exciting things we will be able to do with the software. However, there is one feature in particular I feel we need a comment on. The type of games we build (or at least I build) are reliant upon whether or not this feature will be included at sometime in the future.

The feature I am speaking of is the ability for a player to save their game. This is important b/c I was working on an RPG for the iPhone, but then I realized it would not be feasible as it currently stands, b/c their is no save feature. So, I have a few questions I would like to ask & hope that you can at least throw us a nugget of info about this.

1. Will there be a save feature?
2. Will a user have to hit a "save" button?
3. If a call comes in or a user hits the "home" button will it auto-save?
4. Will this be available at initial release, so we can publish our first games with it or will it be added later to GameSalad?

Again, I know you usually do not comment on these types of topics, (I had another for this same topic) but this feature is very important. I can either create games like RPG/Turn Based Strategy, which is what I personally want to do, or I can create more simple-minded, pick me up for 10 minutes type of games. Either way I plan on using GameSalad, I just need to know what type of apps to create.

In closing, and I think I speak for a good majority of the community, thank you for creating GameSalad. You truly have given game creating "to the rest of us".

Comments

• superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Hey there JCary. We appreciate the question and want to encourage you to post any future requests. While we may not comment on all user requests for various reasons, I will say that 90% of the time, a feature that is requested is usually already on the list of things we want to add to GameSalad.

As far as your own question: saving is something we will add. Right now our focus is on launch, so it may not be there day 1, however it is something that is important for our vision of the tool.
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Thank you superNES. I appreciate the response. This gives me a direction for my personal game development. I will go with a more casual-game route to prepare for launch, & then go into the more detailed games after launch. Thanks again for the response.

-JGary
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    All this talk about launch is making me hungry ;)

Any eta?

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Quantum are you creating pun again???

hungry...salad....

Shame on you!