Music won't stop! help!

pjnolenpjnolen Member Posts: 152
I imported a music file. I didn't attach it to any game attributes or actors or anything really. But if I hit Preview to test the game, the music starts to play on the first screen, and if I leave the screen and come back, it restarts from the beginning as though it's setup to play on the first screen. But I don't have it attached in anyway to anything. I can't get it to stop unless I delete the music file from GS.

Anyone run into this before?

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    you didnt drag the file into the first scene, you clicked on the audio tab at the bottom left of the scene editor and dragged it into there right?
  • pjnolenpjnolen Member Posts: 152
    I clicked the + sign at the bottom left under Audio. I've added 'sounds' just fine. I've added other 'music' to test if it just starts playing whatever music file you have there but it didn't. I deleted and re-added the same music file, and after I do it, when I hit preview, it just automatically starts playing that one particular file.

I just can't get it to stop doing that. I thought I had to make behaviors and attributes to play music?
    I can go to any scene and do the little mini preview and it won't play, only on the 'main menu' screen that is the first to show up.

I made a behavior on the second screen to 'stop music', and it works lol. But I can't figure out how it's "starting" to begin with. I followed the video on "Working with music in gamesalad". I created an attribute called music just like he did, and also created an actor to start the music on the 'main menu' screen. But never used the actor and the music started working on the 'main menu' screen but kept restarting if you go back to it, and that is very annoying. So I wanted to change that actor to just continue playing. That's when I realized that I never actually added that actor to the 'main menu' page at all. But the music played anyway. I deleted the actor and it kept playing, so I deleted the music attribute, and it still keeps playing. Only stops after I delete the music file altogether.

If I add the file back to the game audio database, it automatically just starts playing it again lol.
    pjnolen said:
    I can go to any scene and do the little mini preview and it won't play, only on the 'main menu' screen that is the first to show up.

I made a behavior on the second screen to 'stop music', and it works lol. But I can't figure out how it's "starting" to begin with. I followed the video on "Working with music in gamesalad". I created an attribute called music just like he did, and also created an actor to start the music on the 'main menu' screen. But never used the actor and the music started working on the 'main menu' screen but kept restarting if you go back to it, and that is very annoying. So I wanted to change that actor to just continue playing. That's when I realized that I never actually added that actor to the 'main menu' page at all. But the music played anyway. I deleted the actor and it kept playing, so I deleted the music attribute, and it still keeps playing. Only stops after I delete the music file altogether.

If I add the file back to the game audio database, it automatically just starts playing it again lol.

What am I missing?
    Woops, I thought it would allow me to just edit in that last sentence.
    Wow, I even deleted the 'main menu' scene, and then remade it from scratch, and if I preview, the music starts playing still.
    Ok, I deleted the music from GS and the computer. I created another one, with a small edit, gave it a different name, and moved it to GS. Yea! It stopped playing.