How did you feel?

joshmiller602joshmiller602 Member Posts: 206
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
I imaging for a musician, the first time they hear their song on the radio, is a lot like the first time you see your app on the app store. How did you guys feel when your app was finally approved and on the app store for the world to download?

"The first time I saw my game on the appstore I felt..."

Comments

• massalimassali Member Posts: 57
    I'm working on my first app as we speak, I'll get back to you. :)
  • joshcaljoshcal Member Posts: 100
    "The first time i saw my game on the AppStore i felt... pretty excited - i felt like i'd accomplished something decent :) i remember waking up on the monday morning, unlocking my phone and reading the email from apple. it made my day. i remember debating to leave it until a week later (because i had gcse's) but i didn't, and it was launched a few days before my r.e exam. launching my 2nd game was still just as exciting, however it wasn't the same as the first. i'm hoping to get the excitement again soon with the launch of my 3rd app, however again ive got gcse's this week so cant work on games because of revision -_- .
    hope you get the same feeling as the rest of us when your games launched :)
    - josh
  • DimensionGamesDimensionGames PRO Posts: 993
    what year you in josh? Im year 11 doing science exams tomorrow :L I really am desperate to make a game but after this week I can do it :)
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    I'm both a musician and a developer so had both haha. Yeah, the first app is great.

Ace
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    relief! The effect has worn off to an extent now, but I still feel relieved when it's finally done.

Checking my sales reports has become quite the highpoint in my day, however. :)
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    My happiness was crushed because of the stressful setup with apple.
    When my apps were finally approved, apple sent me a link to the app store which generated an error message and I could not figure out how to see my apps.
    It turned out that I had to fix some tax info issue and once that was done, it was all good.
    In conclusion, apple failing to notify me that I have to check a checkmark the us tax form (as a Canadian resident) ruined the joy big time.

How ever, butterflies came a few days lager when I logged inti iTunes and saw an increase in downloads that gave me goosebumps.
    My first attempt, a simple trumpet app, was downloaded over 10000 times which blew me away!

I hope that my next release will be a more pleasant one :)
  • joshcaljoshcal Member Posts: 100
    @PossesiveGaming - yeah, i'm in year 11 too - sitting chemistry tomorrow -_- and yeah same- cant wait for this week to be over! :D

-josh
  • QbAnYtOQbAnYtO Member Posts: 523
    i hope mine goes well :)
  • emf715emf715 Member Posts: 16
    My first (and second and third) time I felt great when I saw my app on the store.

Then my soul was crushed when I realized that I suck at marketing and no one was going to download my apps. It was a fun learning experience, but I'm done with developing now that I see I've got no chance in the app store.