Project Merger Mac Application

MLCinemaMLCinema Member Posts: 133
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
I really hope the GS team will give this to us for free in the next update. Or at least sell it for cheap. I think they need stuff like this to keep most of us around. Great work guys. I hope to see it in the near future.

Thank you.

Comments

• TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    i just hope if it is sold that it will not be too expensive to buy.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Wel I dont see how GS could be the ones selling it since Darren and Wayne Made it. IT's a useful tool and I think they are just trying to go through GS to get it to us so it's an official GS product. I'm sure they will find another way to provide it to the community. most likely at a cost of some sort. If GameSalad doesn't want anything to do with it.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    im pretty content with copying and pasting scenes into different projects
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    I think Darren and Wayne should sell it to the GS guys, and then they implement it into GS but make it a pro only feature.
    artonskyblue said:
    I think Darren and Wayne should sell it to the GS guys, and then they implement it into GS but make it a pro only feature.

I like the idea of that. they really need to adding reasons to go pro for $499
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    Yup, right now I am wondering why I paid for pro when theres nothing other then ads and url linking that can classify pro and basic into two different groups. They really need more features in there, because url linking and ads are basic features that should be free to all.
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    im pretty content with copying and pasting scenes into different projects

It's not a matter of just copy and pasting scenes. I recently put the joystick demo in a project. it took at least an hour of figuring out which attributes needed to be added and which actors need to be copied and then going through the rules in each actor after the copy and redoing all of the game attributes in the right places. Darrens Program copies it all and then you can place your actors and go. the rules are all still intact and everything.
    tenrdrmer said:
    It's not a matter of just copy and pasting scenes. I recently put the joystick demo in a project. it took at least an hour of figuring out which attributes needed to be added and which actors need to be copied and then going through the rules in each actor after the copy and redoing all of the game attributes in the right places. Darrens Program copies it all and then you can place your actors and go. the rules are all still intact and everything.

thats why you copy the attributes and actors before you copy and paste a scene. Im not saying its the easiest thing in the world, im just saying i dont think its anything worth buying instead of taking some extra time to copy my rules and attributes first. If gamesalad didnt let you copy and paste scenes on its own, and you could only do it with his program, then you might have something worth buyinh
    I copied all of the attributes identically I Still had to go through the rules and replace all of the game attributes where they should be just had a blue bubble that said game. Also every single place there was an overlap collide rule I had to redo what the collide was with etc.
    tenrdrmer said:
    I copied all of the attributes identically I Still had to go through the rules and replace all of the game attributes where they should be just had a blue bubble that said game. Also every single place there was an overlap collide rule I had to redo what the collide was with etc.

That happened to me a while ago, and then someone made a thread, i forgot who, and said he copied over the attributes and actors, then pasted the scene and everything worked. So i decided to give it a try and it worked for me. I did add all the actors and attributes into the new project in the same exact order as they were in the old project, so idk if that had anything to do with it. Sometimes it doesnt add a attribute or 2 though, which can be a pain
    JohnPapiomitis said:
    Sometimes it doesnt add a attribute or 2 though, which can be a pain

hence the awesomeness of the merger program
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    I could really do with this asap, come on GameSalad
  • VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    Yeah, it'd be a perfect addition to the Pro subscription.
    ~CTM
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    It's pretty much the definition of something a "Pro" would want to use. :o)
  • FranzKellerFranzKeller Member Posts: 517
    Merging is pretty basic functionality in most software.
    It sounds like a feature for all levels.

Pro = like the instant "Angry Birds Clone" button. ;-)
    or better the "instant noteworthy" button?
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    Darren/wayne
    If you have to end up selling the product, could you have option to sell the source? It would be nice to use it as a base for converting a gs project to another game platform. Just the code to read the XML would be helpful.
  • DetheDethe Member Posts: 172
    they should give it to every body so that people make more, better games and that way gs would probably get more money out of it.