How can I change/flip my character Alignment Horizontally?

beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi there again dear moderators!

the thing is:

I want to economize character images changing/flipping my characters when I turn left and right using the same sprites just changing the alignment Horizontally to the left and to the right!

Is it possible?...Then how?

Thanks for the wonderfull support in this forum!

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    You can't do mirror image flips. Sorry.
  • beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
    thanks for the answer!!
    I read somewhere that the limit to iphone games goes even to 2GB of data!(is it true right?)

but of course a game that big would never sale that much.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    I believe the port of Myst come in at 750MB - or something similar to that.

I believe that GameSalad limits the size of a game to 10MB if you want to upload your game to their site. I think this is great as it focusses the design and keeps things from getting out of hand a little.

However, it would be useful to know if we can go over this limit if we just want to publish games to iphone.

Cheers,

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

"Sous Chef :
    I believe that GameSalad limits the size of a game to 10MB if you want to upload your game to their site. I think this is great as it focusses the design and keeps things from getting out of hand a little. "

Is it true??...but my game will take at least about 100Mb...do I stop making it now?

Don´t do it please...could you guys just leave the size limit free to the developer´s choice?

A beautiful beat em up game with 1 stage would suck like hell!
    I forgot to mention that you are forgetting about the background musics!

they are about 2 MB at least...even compressing them in OGG they take alot of extra memory.

Tell me something about this:

when you pack all the game in a .app file do you compress even more the data?

like from 20MB to 10MB or less?

as I was porting an HD game(1280x720) that i have made on Gamemaker(GML) for windows...to see if i could create a game first...to port it to XNA(xbox360) later...I forgot to resize the sprites to 100x100 and the backgrounds to 2880x320
    (my sprites will be resized to downsize the memory data..but...I´ll finish this game)
    I´ll make one of the best beat em up game to the iphone using Gamesalad!
    But my main problem is the music size...do you guys have a better option program to compact the sound FX and the music to OGG( I use fruitloops with a license and a yamaha keyboard)
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Yes. 10MB limit. It takes time to load data. Most people will not play if it takes too long to load. Apple may think the application does not load if it takes way too long to load and they won't let it through right away if at all.
    I got it!