this game's publishing license is not valid

bladeolsonbladeolson Member Posts: 295
edited November -1 in Tech Support
With the new GS , I tried to publish my game, then load onto my phone and I get this:

"this game's publishing license is not valid"

The provisioning profile is on the phone too...? Any ideas?

Comments

• AuricAuric Member Posts: 35
    I'm getting the same issue. This worked with my provisioning profiles in xcode.

How can we just download the xcode source like before? I would have been able to fix this myself.
  • alexxxhpalexxxhp Member Posts: 161
    me too
  • bladeolsonbladeolson Member Posts: 295
    any luck getting this fixed? I tried to install it several times. I remade it as a new project even too.
    I did it via the web site it workedand download it as iphone project
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    Getting same error. What's the fix.
  • joebear218joebear218 Member Posts: 33
    Is anyone able to actually download from the website anymore? I click on download and it brings me to a site where nothing happens.
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    Any word on how to fix this license not valid.
  • PPenguinPPenguin Member, PRO Posts: 110
    I have a Pro subscription, but i'm getting this if I try to upload a game to the management page:

Default Image: Pro Membership Required.
    How long before they fix the license issue
  • joebear218joebear218 Member Posts: 33
    Someone suggested to me and it worked, if you upload the game from the manage portion of the website not though the application you can then download it back as x code and then sign the app and it will install no problem.
  • dandan Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 28
    D'oh!

This was caused by a small bug on the server, which affected all games published with express membership using the new publishing system.

Its fixed now, so try running your games through it again!
  • JelJel Member Posts: 319
    Spoke to soon. In iTunes it's the same problem but it works fine in Xcode.

Cheers, Jel
    Make sure to delete the old copy of the app from both iTunes and your iPhone, sync, the drop in a newly published copy of the .app and sync again.

This is what I did, and I got it working for me after that.

Let me know if that doesn't work or if you've already tried it.
  • JaxterJaxter Member, PRO Posts: 398
    Can i upload this file to appstore as my new game update version? it will work?
  • venon_itvenon_it Member, PRO Posts: 594
    yesss now works!
    deleted application from itunes and iphone and after reinstall.
    For update in appstore i set only distribution: code sign "distribution"? right?

thankssss
    It is working for me now. Thanks for the fix!
    my heavy klunky app seems to be running better now too.
    SIGNER IS NOT VALID .. game not instaling on phone.. what is SIGNER?
    finally i get right code sign for upload to itunes and then sync with iphone.. but when i zip this file and upload in appstore game update section there is error: "The binary you uploaded was invalid. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an Apple submission certificate."

So for publishing to iphone and publishing to appstore that code sign is not the same in this case?
    You are right Jaxter, testing on iPhone and distributing to App Store require different types of profiles. To publish an app to the app store, you will need to sign in to the iPhone developer program portal and create and install a "Distribution Certificate" and a "Distribution Profile".

When you publish your app from GameSalad, select the "Distribution Profile" from the code sign popup.
    Note: apps signed with a distribution profile won't be testable on your phone, and apps signed with a provisioning profile won't work on the App Store.

For more info, see:
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:preparing_for_build
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:submitting_to_appstore

Good luck on the App Store!