Great Marketing resources on slideshare

tmoehletmoehle Member Posts: 30
GS Community,

Below is a link to a great presentation on how to market your app. slideshare.com is full of great presentations. I hope you guys find this useful.

http://www.slideshare.net/misteroo/how-to-market-your-app

Comments

• xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    "A good free version is crucial to push users towards a paid one"

I wish I had known this when I did my first two apps .... well, better late than never!

Last night, I've uploaded an app for approval and for the first time, I'm going with a free and premium version for $2.99 to start.

I hope that posting in the right category (unlike my first try) and the free/non free combination will yield better results! :)
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Always interesting to read this kind of stuff, cheers.

Don't think there will be any one strategy that always works for every app. Don't think doodle jump ever had price changes or a lite version?

But then the guy that made ishoot (worms clone but with worse gfx) said his sales only came after releasing a lite version.

Makes sense that having more apps on itunes is good though, so having 2 versions doubles your visibility.

I'm thinking to start with a $1.99 game in feb/march, contact about a million websites to try and get mentioned in one way or another and have a lite version ready incase the paid doesn't do well initially.