How Much Do You All Make on Your Games?

crazyfishdevcrazyfishdev Member Posts: 283
I am new to this and would like to find out you all make. Part of the reason for this is that everyone around here is selling things and people are buying! Along with, I am a kid and the $99 dev fee seams like a lot... Should I buy it? Thanks

Comments

• NogrammingAppsNogrammingApps Member Posts: 2
    I would suggest making a game or two, then start promoting your app somewhere. If you're app gets a lot of hype, go ahead and purchase the dev fee and put your app up on the app store. I wouldn't just buy the dev fee only to throw an app into the app store that nobody buys. Then you will feel like you wasted your money.
  • crazyfishdevcrazyfishdev Member Posts: 283
    thanks for the reply! Yes, I Agree. Do you have any games out and have you made any money?
  • NogrammingAppsNogrammingApps Member Posts: 2
    Unfortunately, no. I was working on a project and finished half of it when all of a sudden GameSalad just crashed. It's usually not a big deal because I save a lot, but this crash corrupted my file. So now i'm spending some time reading the "unofficial gamesalad textbook" by photics, and then I'll go for a second attempt at my game, this time saving backups also.
    Sounds like a good plan I have 2 games in mind and 2 made so... I want to start making money!
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Is the poll per day?
    total per game please
    Hard to say. the first real game I made was XMB xtreme mountain busing and it still makes $10-$15 per day average since last april.

Other games make $2-$3 week.

It all depends.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    Like scitunes said its hard to say. Ive made games that only get a dollar a week, but then i made a soundboard days ago it appeared on the appstore for the first time yesterday and i got 100+ sales. Really hard to say
    I dont know If I want to invest in the apple dev program, Do you think It would be worth it? I have two games made and 2 on the way
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    crazyfishdev said:
    total per game please

How old(young) are you? I am 14 and just got my dev account.
    DL
    same here! I am 14
    If you work hard at learning GS and have a little bit of creativity you should have no problem making the $99 back and then some.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    On average, an app over a year, without much plugging or PR, should make back around $500 (or around £350)

That was from an article I read last week.

note on "average" so some will make more, some will make less

Some of my first games have made in a year around £20
    Our average is around £400 though, and we had one that's made around 10 times that since the summer < but that had a good New and Noteworthy feature.

Unless your games are really bad, you should make the $99 in a year without too much stress.

don't expect to get rich off your first game though (like some people do)
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    If it makes you feel more confident in buying, I am your age and bought mine recently. So I think it's worth the 100$. You will need it to publish the app
    Thanks
    DL