GS on Hackintosh

iDeveloperiDeveloper Member Posts: 441
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
I would like to know if GS can work with a Hackintosh.

I'm planning on multibooting Windows with the Hackintosh on a touch screen all-in-one desktop. PCs have more power for the buck. (Sorry Apple, It's True)

Thanks.

Comments

• magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    Yes... It can... BUT, while hackintosh's are good in the short term you might want to look at getting a MAC in the long term.

-Josh
  • iDeveloperiDeveloper Member Posts: 441
    Thanks for the answer.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    iDeveloper said:
    I would like to know if GS can work with a Hackintosh.

I'm planning on multibooting Windows with the Hackintosh on a touch screen all-in-one desktop. PCs have more power for the buck. (Sorry Apple, It's True)

Thanks.

I was an avid mac hater until about 6 months ago and now I love them. I started with a hackintosh but I assure everything will work better if you get the real deal as I now have a macbook pro. Worth every penny too. And honestly you can get a very powerful brand new mac mini for a comparable PC. The hackintosh is very buggy weather you will admit it or not
    tenrdrmer said:
    I was an avid mac hater until about 6 months ago and now I love them. I started with a hackintosh but I assure everything will work better if you get the real deal as I now have a macbook pro. Worth every penny too. And honestly you can get a very powerful brand new mac mini for a comparable PC. The hackintosh is very buggy weather you will admit it or not

My decision: Mac Mini + Touch Screen All In One

Will be using the All in one touchscreen as a monitor for the Mac Mini as well as for a dedicated Windows box.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    gs works on a hackintosh, but many people have reported issues with GS that can only be found on them. they work, but they are not the whole experience.
  • magic101himagic101hi Member Posts: 713
    iDeveloper said:
    My decision: Mac Mini + Touch Screen All In One

Will be using the All in one touchscreen as a monitor for the Mac Mini as well as for a dedicated Windows box.

+1
    Thanks.

@jonmulcahy:

Thanks for the information about the GS Hackintosh issue.

Also, checked out Google Docs, and Docs is awesome.
  • cabral91cabral91 Member, PRO Posts: 7
    I have it installed on vmware for windows and gamesalad works, my wife owns a macbook pro so I use it when i can.