Transferring iPhone to new Mac

christinegrapechristinegrape Member Posts: 3
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
I have brought a new mac and would like to sync my iPhone content with the new mac (i.e. contact, calendar, apps and etc..)

As the the first sync will erase all contents from my iPhone, is there any way to avoid it. If the iPhone backup has been

performed on the old PC, can I restore all the content from the backup if the content was erased during sync with the new

mac. Please advise.

Comments

• dazzlemedazzleme Member Posts: 152
    The first sync should not automatically erase the apps from your phone. Can't remember exactly about contacts and calendars, though if you are going from a mac to a mac you should be able to transfer those over to the new computer pretty easily.

When you connect your iPhone to the new computer for the first time, you should get a message something to the effect of notifying you the phone has been synced with another computer. It should then ask if you want to transfer the apps from your phone to the new computer, and that if you select "no", the contents will be erased. So you would simply indicate you want to transfer contents to your new computer and you'd be okay.

If by chance you *were* to lose the info on your phone during the sync, all you would have to do is connect the phone back to your old computer and the data would sync to it again.
  • yiyi001yiyi001 Member Posts: 3
    Log-in in to your iTunes account on your new Mac and then sync as normal. You'll be asked if you want to copy stuff from your iPhone to Mac (which you probably want to do) and then you should be able to continue as normal. Remember to authorize your new Mac with your iTunes account as well.
    Bebides there is a step by step instruction on how to transfer or backup iPhone contents to Mac.
    Hope it can do you a favor.