GS Viewer vs Published Version very different movement response

JelJel Member Posts: 319
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I get very different results in terms of the responsiveness of the controls between the GS Viewer and the published version of my game. On the published version it is far less responsive and the jump button sometimes does not work at all.

I have three touch screen buttons ( left, right and jump ) or you can choose the accelerometer both of which show the same sluggish response on the published version compared to the GS Viewer version.

Has anyone else had the same problem ?

Comments

• MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    I have similar problems, but in my case even in the GS Viewer the movements of my actors are very different from the preview in GS Creator.

I have 6 spawners that spawn 5 actors randomly and this actors have only a move down rule and a touch and destroy rule. In GS creator everything runs smoothly, in the Viewer and even worse on iPhone the actors move too slowly and overlaps frequently.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    maralfer,
    the iPhone has much less memory and processor speed than your computer (most likely) so it is expected that it won't run as fast/smoothly on the iPhone. It would probably help in your case if not so many actors are spawned.
  • JelJel Member Posts: 319
    it now looks like it's a 0.6.2 vs 0.6.0 issue. I just opened the same project in both and the jumping response was much better in 6.0