0.6.2 vs 0.6.0 Very Different Movement Response

JelJel Member Posts: 319
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I originally thought it was a GS Viewer vs Published versions problem with all the changes that have taken place lately and trying to publish my first game but after opening the same project in both 0.6.2 and 0.6.0 there is definitely a difference in terms of control movements. I have the space bar ( along with a touch screen but and accelerometer on the device ) trigger the actor jump and with 0.6.0 it jumps every time, on time but with 0.6.2 there are times that it just doesn't jump at all.

Jumping is a key part of my game and I really want to get an answer to this problem as it is in iTunes Connect review process as we speak.

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Hi Jel,
    Do you have upgraded the Viewer to 0.6.1? (0.6.2 was a patch that didn't warrant a version change for the Viewer.)
  • JelJel Member Posts: 319
    Hi CodeMonkey,

I was thinking the same thing but 0.6.1/2 does handle scene changes much better so I decided to trouble shoot some more.

This makes no sense to me but while I'm test on the computer I have keyboard related movement keys but I've been deleting these and having just the touch and accelerometer controls on the published version.

For some reason if I leave the keyboard rules there the movement works the same with the published version but if I delete the keyboard rules the touch and accel movements become somewhat unresponsive especially with the jump movements.

Do you know of any reason this should happen ( I haven't yet tested this with 0.6.0 )