Code Sign Error! HELP!!!

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Code Sign error: Provisioning profile 'RBCraceDevProv' specifies the Application Identifier 'com.sciencetunes.RBCrace' which doesn't match the current setting 'com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer'

What does this mean? How can I get the viewer on my ipod touch?

Comments

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Go into the bundle identifier and change the com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer to com.sciencetunes.RBCrace and see if that works
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    thanks for the quick reply. I have no clue what you mean! :-)
    @tshirtbooth

I am just trying to follow the steps that I received after paying my $99.

edit: I am in xcode trying to get the viewer working and I seem to be way over my head!
    The new version of Gamesalad, if you haven't already upgraded, is a much easier process than using Xcode to build your game

Hey Tshirt, can we use the same new process to build a game, as we can to build the viewer? Did you upgrade yours yet, and if so, how is it working?
    even the viewer part? I've never played one of my games on my ipod touch. I don't need to set up the viewer app in xcode to get it on my ipod?
    You need to set up the viewer on your ipod touch or iphone currently through xcode just like you would build an app, but I believe with the newer version of GS 0.6.2, it's easier to do, look at the new steps in Wiki
    Thanks Guys! Everything is working great! GS rocks!
  • jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    I'm getting an error from iTunes when submitting my app. It's telling me my bundle identifier is incorrect. My certificate is correct and has a wildcard in it. All my past bundle identifiers have been simply "appname".

I never had this issue with the xcode delivery system. I'm going to delete the app on GS and try again. If I still get the same error - I'm going to need some help. Is there some new format my bundle identiifer needs to be in under the new system?
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Sorry guys, I'm really confused now - do I need to install the viewer 'manually' using xcode or not?
    I have followed all wikis to the letter and 'built' my own app, which looks like it would sync straight to the ipod (although I have not done this yet because I'm scared of accidentally deleting all my girlfriend's app when clicking 'sync') - but I am guessing this is not the same thing as 'viewing' the GameSalad project on the ipod with the Viewer? no? Are these two different processes?
    Anyway, I'm guessing they are, so I need to know if it is recommended that I DO install the viewer via xcode?
    If so, I am having the same issue as Scitunes, where the viewer xcode project will not build because I have already created a com.myname.mygame 'thingy' and the viewer project is expecting a com.gedaigames.gamesaladviewer 'thingy'.
    Butterbean's, and Tshirtbooth's suggestions sound strange to me though - surely I should make a new profile with com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer seeing as that is what I am actually trying to build, no??
    Sorry guys, I'm new to all this terminology and code signing stuff, and I know you lot have been around this block a few times, so I'm sure you know what yer talking about - I just want to make sure I'm doing things as correctly as I can!
    Thanks all...
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    Start GS then start GS viewer. In GS view select either device or simulator the hit the build and go. Once GS viewer has started go back to GS and you should have an option to start preview on device.

You do not have to download it to the device, you can also run it on the simulator. You can also run instruments to help with debug issues. instruments is a debugger that comes with xcode.
    Thanks James, but where is GS viewer? Inside GS? The only thing I can see in there is 'Publish' which then will then let me choose to build to the ipod.
    If GS viewer means the xcode project, then that is what is giving me trouble right now, because of the ......ah, ok, got it :D So I am no looking at my game running!....but only on the simulator. Well, that's something I guess, thanks for that ;] I really wanted to test my accelerometer stuff tho, hence wanting to get it onto the real thing. So I just need to sort out the code signing mismatch now?
    Anyway, I really need to get some sleeeeep!!
    Thanks for your help, I'll start trying again tomorrow night. Cheers.
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    You download the GS viewer from GS under the manage section. Then you move it from your Mac download area to where ever you want. The folder will be called GameSaladViewer-0.6.1. Then inside this directory run the GameSalad Viewer.xcodeproj. This will open this project in xcode. Then go back to GS and should see at the top middle beside the Preview button a "Start Preview On Device".

I just want to point out that this will allow you to run it on the simulator.
    Yes, I have done exactly that, thanks. I would now like to see the app on real hardware to test the tilt mechanics of my game, but the xcode bit is still confusing me.
    Hey Scitunes, you seem happy now - what did you do?
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Slowboy, have you followed the wiki for building the Viewer in xCode?
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:building_gamesalad_viewer
    Yes Super. I have followed every Wiki, and this is the last one, and this is the one I am stuck on!
    When I click build and go, I get a build error, just the same as Scitune's....

Code Sign error: Provisioning profile 'Slowboysgreatgame' specifies the Application Identifier 'com.myname.slowboysgreatgametest' which doesn't match the current setting 'com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer'

Which, of course it doesn't. This is what is confusing me - surely I should create a profile which DOES match the gamesaladviewer ID, because that is what I am trying to build to the device?

If I was building MY game with xcode (which, I understand, is no longer required?), then I would be using my current ID, which would match my game, which I would be trying to install.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    have you tried just going into the info.plist file in the viewer's xcode and changing the bundleidentifier?
    No, I wasn't aware that this was possible - I have heard people mention the .plist on occasion, but it seemed that this was some sort of workaround that shouldn't really be necesssary with the latest version?
    Still, I'm more than willing to give it a go!
    So that would be changing the viewer's bundle ID to reflect 'my' bundle ID?
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Modifying the plist in xCode has nothing to do with the latest version. 0.6.2 removed the need to use xCode when building your game. The Viewer though is not a game, it's a native xCode project that is intended to facilitate the testing of your game.
    Slowboy, go into the playlist where it says bundle identifier, delete the current setting, and replace it with : com.myname.slowboysgreatgametest

Click build and go, and you shouldn't get any errors

For building the viewer onto your iphone or itouch we still have to use Xcode, if you're submitting a game into the app store however, we can now bypass xcode with the newest version of GS 0.6.2 and go through easier steps as in the Wiki
    Thanks chaps, I'll give it a try when I get home (after putting the lights on the xmas tree!).
    I have been simply dragging the .app file into itunes. Still haven't gotten the viewer thingy to work.

EDIT: Can't wait to try these latest suggestions when I get home from work.
    Yes, it seems a bit of a murky subject - the Wiki is awesome and it made setting up the iphone developer portal side of things an absolute breeze - there's no way I would've had a lue what to do in there if it wasn't for this, so big thanks to the team who put those together.
    And the viewer wiki does seem very straightforward, it has left me pretty confused, perhaps a few screen grabs and a walkthrough of getting your app running on an actual hardware ihone/pod would help, and a troubleshoot for what to do if\when you end up with conflicting app IDs !
    Any luck Sci??
    I've just changed the info.plist in the viewer's xcode, it insalled on the ipod, and I ran the game - Hallelujah! Thanks to all that have answered my ramblings over the last 24 hours or so, your patience is appreciated!
    Still haven't got those xmas lights up tho...
    I have done everything you guys have said. Here's whatI am getting now in xcode:

Error Starting Executable
    No provisioned iPhone OS device is connected.

I changed the thingy to my com.whatever.whatever and it did not give me an error. I thought I was golden then a window camedown with the above error. Not sure how to get it on to my ipod touch.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    is your ipod touch connected via the usb port?
    If so, does your iphone have the provisioning profile installed?
    If so, try powering off the ipod and power it back up. Sometimes that is needed.
    I have been draggin apps that I made in GS into itunes and have been playing them on my ipod - does that mean I have the provisioning profile installed?
    restarted ipod - still no luck. Is there some error message log thingy I could paste into this thread that would let you guys know what is going on with my gs viewer/ipod? I'm really new to this side of things.

Thanks for all the help so far, I really appreciate it.
    anyone else having similar problems?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    plug your iphone in
    open xcode
    click on Window -> Organizer

a new app will open, click on your iPod/iPhone and it should show which provisioning profiles are installed. Do you see anything listed?
    Thanks.

All my provisioning profiles that I have used for development and distribution are listed there. I have two games in review on the appstore, but I have another game that works fine on the GS site but crashes after about 30 seconds on my ipod so I am really hoping to get the viewer going so I can get an idea of what's causing the crashes.

So gain their are 4 provisioning profiles there (2 games each with a developer and a distribution profile)

Any ideas?