With new verison 0.6.2 uploading games to app store

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
Can we still use Xcode and the original process to upload games to the app store with the new upgrade of Gamesalad? Or are we now directed to the new process?

Comments

• superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    We recommend the new process. Just make sure you have a Distribution profile (which you should as you've already submitted a game before), then run it through GameSalad publishing tool, zip the resultant app and submit in iTunes Connect.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    You only need one distribution profile for any amount of apps you wish to submit, correct?

You just need to create an app ID and provisioning profile for each new app right?

Also, is the viewer upgrade now installed via this same process? Where do I download the new version of the viewer?
    You need only one development provisioning profile to test your games, but you will need a unique distribution provisioning profile and App ID for each game you submit.

The viewer is very different from a GameSalad app. You will need to build it from xCode, just like before the update. You can find the latest Viewer (0.6.1) in the Project Management page in the upper right of this site.
    Thank you for the info,

how do you know when your viewer has finished completing the update? When in Xcode it says Running on the bottom left corner?
    yeah, it should try to launch it on your device. at that point you can quit and disconnect
    I noticed a huge difference in my platformer in the upgrade, she's not running around like she's on speed anymore :)

I just submitted the game already, but I'll have to do an update :) Great job!