Best way to create exploding firework effect?

gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
just wondering if anybody knows the best way to create an exploding firework effect? Also, if particles or a full image would be best.

Thanks

Comments

• PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    One possible way...

Use particles that fly out from the center, then use gravity to make those particles fall downward.

I haven't tried it, but I suspect that's what created the fireworks in the video on the following web page...

http://gamesalad.com/products/creator

At the 1:16 mark there's fireworks.
  • gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
    thanks, I'll have a watch and give it a try!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    If you have access to after effects, there is a plugin called 'Trapcode Particular'. Then there's a preset package you can get for free which gives you a choice of about 30 different sorts of fireworks.

You could then render out the firework explosions as a png sequence. They look about 90% real.

I only know this, because I created a 2 minute firework sequence that is projected on a wall for 'Legoland Discovery centre' in Manchester.

Or do what Photics says because they look alright and are built in game...
  • gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
    I have illustrator, but not after effects, don't suppose you know of a plugin or method for illustrator?

I'll be sure to look out for the fireworks when we take my nephew there in a couple of weeks!
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Never visited the discovery place myself, but just found a vid on youtube...looks quite cool

I've seen a tutorial on how to create a sparkler in illustrator, but it was a static image. Sorry I can't be of more help...