Bundle Identifier error under 0.6.2!!!!

jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I'm getting an error from iTunes when submitting my app. It's telling me my bundle identifier is incorrect. My certificate is correct and has a wildcard in it. All my past bundle identifiers have been simply "appname".

I never had this issue with the xcode delivery system. I'm going to delete the app on GS and try again. If I still get the same error - I'm going to need some help. Is there some new format my bundle identiifer needs to be in under the new system?

Comments

• jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    Here's the error I get...

The binary you uploaded was invalid. The application-identifier entitlement is not formatted correctly; it should contain your 10-character App ID Seed, followed by a dot, followed by your bundle identifier.

I've added my app id and added the app name - let's see if that works. I assumed that what I normally typed into the xcode project for the bundle identifier was what I would type in your upload form - that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Even after following iTunes instructions I still get the same error. I'm totally dead in the water 0.6.2 prevents me from submitting to the app store. :(

Sending a bug report and escalating...
  • PuschelFriendsPuschelFriends Member Posts: 19
    Did you find a solution? i have the same problem.

Everything worked fine, when i used 0.60 and build with Xcode. But with the 0.62 i get this Bundle Identifier Errors when i Upload to Apple.

my Identifier is: appid.com.mycomanpyname.appname

and i tryed only: appid

nothing works
    I finally got past the issue.

My original distribution certificate was set up with a wild card. My app id was xxxxxxxxxx.* This allowed me to distribute all my apps with the same profile and all I had to do was type in "appname" for the bundle identifier. And under xcode it never gave me any trouble for both my GS and xcode programs.

It seems with the new process, GS can't handle a wild card app id in the dist profile. I had to go to the Apple program portal site and created a new distribution profile with a new app id that did not have a wild card in it. The format was xxxxxxxxxx.com.companyname.appname.

When submitting the app through GS and choosing the new profile GS formatted the bundle identifier properly and I was able to get the app loaded into itunes.

Based on what you said above I'm not sure why yours isn't working. You may need to contact GS directly.

I did see on Apple's Program Developer site(where you manage your profiles) that their new in app purchases and apple push notifications features won't work with wildcard id's. So I guess the wild card wasn't the way to go anyway?

My thanks to SuperNES - the last response about not using a wild card finally got me on the right track. Really saved my bacon. Food reference. :)
  • SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    So what do you use the xxxx before the .com for guys? In the wiki I was only advised to start with com. the company name, app name - what's all the xxxx's at the start for?
  • PuschelFriendsPuschelFriends Member Posts: 19
    the xxxx is the APP id, i think!
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    The xxxxxxxxxx is the Bundle Seed ID that Apple auto generates. See this example:
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/_detail/developing_for_iphone:publishing2_advanced.png?id=developing_for_iphone:preparing_for_build

It is everything that precedes the "gendaigames.mygreatgame" text.

You can find more information about it in the wiki:
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:app_id
    So this is a required part of the ID in order to get your app on the ipod, and every new game, or iteration of the same game, will require a new one? So I might have
    xxxxxxxx1.com.myname.samegreatgame
    and
    xxxxxxxx2.com.myname.samegreatgame
    being two test iterations of the same game?
    Or is that not needed ie. I could test iterations of the same game using the same ID?
    Soz to be a pain, I'm just trying to get my head round this :]
    Each App should have it's own unique App ID. Each App ID should have a unique Bundle Identifier. Each Bundle Identifier should have a unique Seed ID (unless you are making a suite of applications, which GS does not support).

If you make multiple builds of the same game, you do not need to make a new App ID, Bundle Identifier, or Seed ID - just reuse the original. If you are updating a game, you do not need to make a new App ID. The only time you need a new one is when you are creating a brand new app.

Follow the "Creating your App ID" wiki closely and you should be fine.
    Ok, thanks Super, I think it's finally beginning to sink in! So my example above would not be necessary at all - I could just keep replacing iterations of my app using the same Add ID.
    Thanks for your patience!
    Yeah, just use the same Provisioning Profile (which contains the App ID info) and you should be fine. Remember, a unique app will need a unique App ID. Have fun!
    Cheers :]