Naming Theory

jsayshi1234jsayshi1234 Member, PRO Posts: 9
Hey Gamesalad,
I am new to this entire game creation market and am still in highschool. I invested a couple months ago in a developers license and published a couplte very small and unimpressive games as a learning experience to see how to work gamesalad. Anyways after making a total of five dollars and being ninety five in the whole I was wondering if a certain theory of mine is as effective as it seems.

The theory basically is that the name of the app can majorly improve overall sales regaurdless of the overall quality. I have notuced trends of games with the word doodle in them having a larger amount of reviews hinting at a larger amount of overall downloads. So by naming your app something that goes along with other big apps or taking advantage of the doodle name, can you produce sales more efficiently. Just a theory I am thinking of experimenting with in an attempt to make some spending money.

Comments

• StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    appannie.com shows 690 apps with the word doodle in the title. Click a few of them and see their rankings. The vast majority did not do well.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    The apps very first impression on a user is the icon. If the icon doesn't catch there eye in the sea of icons in the app store they will over look even a great app. Next your screenshots have to look good. Cause whats the next thing you do when you open an app in the app store. You scroll down and look at the screen shots. Then the description and reviews your description has to have them sucked in in the first couple sentences, otherwise they are bored and will not read the rest. hence no download.

At least thats one theory of how to succeed on the app store. I don't think most people take reviews from other seriously. I mean really do you want to trust the bad review from the guy you don't know how his taste in games are. unless the review is very specific I don t think it really matters what those say on your app. as long as they are all not 1 star no ones really gonna care.

The biggest thing you can do is name your app with an early letter from the alphabet

A,B,C,D

because the new release list is Alphabetical. It will help your launch a lot.

cheers

I did not know that. I guess its good I used "Crazy Cupid" for my V-Day app

I pay close attention to reviews, because people are brutal. lots of very good games that deserve nothing bad, get 4 and 3 stars. I take a combonation though between if i would like the game in te screenshots and how well the reviews are. Which since i dont really buy many games, and all the games i buy i have liked very much. i think my system works well for me, maybe not other though.