Game Assets

TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi

I have problems with the project if i delete unused images. Does Gamesalad remove all the unused sounds/music and images during the server processing of the game.app? I just wanted to make sure that the finished app does not ship with lots of unused items.

Comments

• TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    Please can Tech support reply to user questions. We do want to release games and understand you are up to your eye balls.

My small 1 level demo came back from server at 15 MB. The project folder bundle is 18MB so I am guessing that assets are not removed before the app is compiled. If not, is there a tool or option to run to save only assets needed for the game?
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    I also wondered about this.

Fitzsic, what problems did you have when deleting unused images? I lost a lot of work because I copied and pasted behaviors from one game version to another... at least I think that's why the file trashed out. I also trashed some unused files and maybe that had something to do with it.
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    Before 0.6.2, if i removed some images and they were not used, the project will corrupt. In the latest version, it seems to be more stable for me although the project will sometimes hang because it was not able to display all the object rule attributes. its like it could not read them from the .game bundle.

using this product is like walking on egg shells and I have to remember to save every could of minutes. yesterday I saved 46 times just to be sure.

All my image and sound files only come to a few meg so I would like to know why the .app file is 15mb. As most of the objects in the game are referenced via xml, I would expect the process server to only pack the items needed. Unless this software packs your game package with a GS runtime and turns it in to an .app. This would explain the quick turn-around from uploading and getting the dowload.

It would be nice if someone could write a script which reads the game project file and removes all images and sounds/music not used. Any takers?