Danger Cats! My first game has been submitted to the App Store!!!

firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
Hello!

I am so excited to announce my first game created with GameSalad, Danger Cats!

From concept to submission, the game only took me 11 days to complete!
GameSalad was so quick and easy to use!

This is a fun little physics puzzle game. Remove the objects and safely lower the cats down to solid ground.
Simply click on an object to remove it.

Try to beat all 60 levels!

Please let me know what you think!

http://gamesalad.com/game/play/30122

Thanks!
Joe

Comments

• SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Joe, I've only recently been aware of this kind of game, but yours is by FAR the most entertaining one I have played so far :D Very well polished, great tunes, great cat sounds, the first Game Salad game to make me LOL!!
    Very best of luck at the app store ;]
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Hey!!

Thanks so much! I'm so glad you like it!
    It was a lot of fun to make, and it went really smoothly.

Waiting for the app store approval is killing me!
    I submitted it last night and it is still in the Waiting for Review section...
    I've been checking my inbox every five minutes like a nut.

I look forward to seeing your games as well!

Joe
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    it's a lot of fun :)

but you can relax hitting that refresh button, it's gonna take 7-14 days :(.
    @mulcahy: Thanks!

I'll try to think of something else besides the app store approval!
    Not easy!

I suppose I'll just start on a new game :~)
  • Fafnir312Fafnir312 Member Posts: 161
    Ha ha! This is great! Good job. Very refined and quite addicting.
  • superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Anybody walking by the Gendai office this morning would think we adopted a litter of cats! Well done!
    Ha! Awesome!

Our cat was going crazy with the sound effects!
    She was staring at my laptop the whole time!

Thanks for making such great software!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Very fun puzzle game! Can't wait to purchase it on the iphone!! Great job! :)

I know the waiting game is soooo difficult! I've had my long awaited game "In review" since December 3rd and still no change... hoping today is the day!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I am really addicted to this game! Seriously best game on GS so far! Shows how simple gameplay done right can be amazing!
    Heh! I'm on level 51 now! I just had a bubble nearly get stuck beneath the platform on which the cats are supposed to land. The "Remaining" number was stuck at 1 and I didn't know why until the bubble finally escaped. I don't know if you've taken the possibility of stuck bubbles into consideration but I thought I'd mention what "almost" happened.
    All: Thanks for all the kind words!

@butterbean! thanks for the presale! but i believe I can give out free codes? I'm not sure how that works yet. I'll certainly give you one.

@fafnir: ooh, good catch! I did my best to not let that happen, but I'll reinforce it.
    Thanks for playing the game!
  • CoIinCoIin Member Posts: 197
    It is a very good game, and I added a Like to the page.

I did complete all 60 levels, on my iPhone (I think it would be harder on a computer with mouse clicking). I did think it would have some sort of finale. But then, you could give it to a kid to keep them quiet, and say "play it until you run out of levels". That would keep them busy for a very long time!

The sound levels, like other GS games, is very high. I think that each sound in GS is played as if it's to be the only sound, and at full volume. In reality sounds are not at full volume. Maybe it's a side effect of using OGG or AAC? You do have the volume sliders in there, so at least it's possible to make it quieter.

Did you put a price on it for the App Store? I would certainly pay for it, I can hardly wait to watch my young nephews and nieces play it at Christmas!
    About level 51, the bubble did take a moment to come up, but it did at least appear. I found level 54 to be one of the funnier ones, I just rapidly touched the blocks to leave the three cats still stacked up.
    Hey,

Thanks! Apparently you get free codes when you get your game accepted. I'll send tem out to everyone here.

Yes, I would love to add a "congrats!" screen, but it's just not doable currently without a save feature.

I have to leave all of the levels unlocked, and playable at any time, otherwise you'd have to start at level 1 each time. I can easily track it of course, but it would just keep resetting.

I'd also love to add a "Cat Stats" screen with completion times, # of cats killed, etc.

Colin, btw, how were you able to play the game on your phone? Just curious.
    I will initially sell the app for .99 cents.

I already have two updates planned, each with an additional 20 levels.

For the final update, when there will be 100 levels, i will raise the price to $1.99
    (i wish there was a 1.49 pricing tier, because i would do that w/ the second update)

The people that get in early get the additional 40 levels for free.

The .99 period sortof acts as a free marketing period, hopefully generating more sales and reviews...

We'll see.

I'm also toying w./ making a LITE version as well.
    It would be easy enough, I just don't know if it would pay off.
    I thought you could charge any price you wanted?

I'll tell you on Wednesday how I have it running on my iPhone. You might not want just everyone doing what I did!
    No, unfortunately you have to pick a pricing tier...

free
    etc...

I thought i could set it explicitly, but apparently not.
    I was wondering how you went about getting your assets(graphics, sounds, music). Did you create them yourself, buy pre-made assets, or hire an artist, sound designer, musician?
    @fafnir: I did all the art/programming myself. I purchased the royalty free music/sfx online.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Very impressive game! I don't think I would release a lite version if I were you, but that's just me. Maybe when the final game is 1.99...

This game gives me hope that I can successfully make a professional looking game in GS :)
    Wow! I'm even more impressed :)
    @fafnir312: Thanks!!

@Eastbound: Yes, I'm really enjoying GameSalad. I really appreciate software that democratizes the game creation process. It lets me focus purely on the game logic without having to worry about memory allocation ad pointers and all the low-level stuff.

I've made a lot of games, an I'm always bummed when I need to hire a programmer to handle the implementation of my designs. I'm always handing over a folder of graphics and hoping for the best.

Also, GameSalad is still in beta, and it keeps getting better with each new release!
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    This game is awesome - a must buy! How the hell do you beat level 5! it's making me crazy!
    @scitunes: Thanks! I'll send out codes when I get them.

level 5: clear away all the blocks on the left side, leaving only the stack of blocks that the cat is actually sitting on. Then click the second block up from the bottom. Then work your way from the top down.

That should do it. might take a few tries!
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Me and my flatmates think this is the best game we have found in GS :o) great fun stuff. Love the art direction too.
    ace.
    @Sparkyidr: Thanks for the kind words! It was a lot of fun to make!

These great forums help keep my mind occupied while waiting for the game to get reviewed in the App Store... Thank goodness the new Zelda game got released today!