How is everyone Monetizing their current install customer base?

guru-at-zidwareguru-at-zidware Member Posts: 369
Hi..

Seems to me we all have a large number of customers (free & paid) that have downloaded our apps.....how is everyone planning to monetize or make money from this in 2011? More than iAds....

John

Comments

• xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    Not sure what the best way to proceed is but by the looks of it, i have become a hamster in a wheel.
    Keep on cranking out a little app every week, make it look beautiful and all sales will pick up a little!

A few days ago, I've started to professionally track each of my apps and now i have a better idea of which one carries other apps. While there is no winning formula, i am beginning to see that the more apps i have, the better the combined sales are.
    But i am only tracking for a few days so this could be a fluke!
  • guru-at-zidwareguru-at-zidware Member Posts: 369
    presents a dilema...especially if we have apps with maybe 25k or 50k downloads.....effectively we have our game / brand on 50k devices....then what?

these scenarios are very new to traditional marketing...but the norm in the social space...
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    This is where things like in app purchasing begin to play an important role.
  • DizkoDizko Member Posts: 498
    Make a bigger, better game? Use your old games as a way to advertise and link to your new, but way more awesome game.
  • guru-at-zidwareguru-at-zidware Member Posts: 369
    I am also the Hamster in the wheel....and the sunflower seed is always just ahead....I can see it but I can't eat it....
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    My "new" strategy (as of yesterday) is to make basic instruments and include a teaser for each module such as lessons, songs, ear training and jam sessions.
    Nothing new there as I have already done that EXCEPT, the next generation of instruments will be free downloads but feature "in app purchasing" so that if someone is happy with what they see/hear and wants to continue, they can purchase the module they want!

This way, I never lose the main interface and all my time can go towards creating content and web support. Which content will depend on where users are buying/investing.

Plan B is windows ports of all my apps!