How Do You Make Cartoonish Actors/Items/Menu With (ANY PROGRAM)

insightinsight Member Posts: 38
How Do You Make Cartoonish Actors/Items/Menu With (ANY PROGRAM)
I'm new to Photoshop and stuff
so can u please tell me sources and maybe tuts or anything basic

Comments

• insightinsight Member Posts: 38
    Would it be best to draw it first and scan objects and edit with Adobe Illustrator
    or
    Make the Object on there (BTW i dont have Drawing/Writing Tablet)
    i'm extremely confused
  • DetheDethe Member Posts: 172
    my computer has an error when trying to download the trial can you help?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Dethe said:
    my computer has an error when trying to download the trial can you help?

just try again? what's the error? you probably need to contact adobe about that
  • DetheDethe Member Posts: 172
    I tried 5 times and it says Disk I/O failure but what I think is it is just a failure on adobes part.
    Thnks
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    I created a platform pack and top down shooter graphic packs which has loads of cartoon items in.

I have another one coming out soon

http://www.debugdesign.com/games/
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    @Ian, did you get my email the other day?

I've worked with Ian over the past 6 mths or so and i highly recommend his work, those graphic packs are a great way to start a game!
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    tshirtbooth said:
    Hi there, I use Adobe Illustrator, But there is a learning curve. You can find 1000's of tutorials online for free that will help with photoshop and illustrator.

cheers

Hey Mr. T,
    since you are a Sous Chef, perhaps you could clean up the useless stickies that no one reads anymore and add a few new ones that help new users with getting their "other" programs questions answered.
    As you know, this question is asked quite often and you surely must get tired of answering it?
  • cbtcbt Member Posts: 644
    @Ian,

I've sent you a mail too few days ago. Please take a look at your inbox!
    @DebugDesign

would i be able to use these free?
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    insight said:
    @DebugDesign

would i be able to use these free?

the platform pack is 50$
    DL
  • diamond000diamond000 Member Posts: 32
    i use flash for all my graphics. any version will work, you don't need the latest one. I try to limit the shading to 3 color like in the old cartoons.

from my miner game
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    assuming you have a iOS device ;)

buy one of the cheap/free art programs for it... and draw on the screen... email to yourself...open in PS and clean it up!

... you also can use free clip art (either online or in your wordProcessor clipArt section) as a base/model for your work
    ... you can take pictures of things and use them as a base/model...

and believe Riffel actually made things out of clay and took pictures and used them in his game "Clay Moon"

but if your time is valuable... Ian's work is phenomenal!

MH
  • SUPERJOSEPHUSSUPERJOSEPHUS Member Posts: 18
    So what I need to buy to do graphics for games is Adobe™ Illustrator CS5 New Full Version Mac Macintosh?????????
    This is what you use tshirtbooth for all your templates?
  • diamond000diamond000 Member Posts: 32
    i don't know what version tshirtbooth uses, but you can get an older version of adobe illustrator like cs4 for around 90 dollars and that should work just as well i use cs4 illustrator once in a while, but i prefer to use flash since i have been using it longer for drawing. if you look above you will see the miner i made with flash, it also does vector graphics. it has alot of tutorials for it also, you cant go wrong with either one.

here is a fish i did in flash.

i should add the cs5 version goes for around 130 dollars for digital download.
  • RiffelRiffel Member Posts: 1,272
    diamond000 said:
    i don't know what version tshirtbooth uses, but you can get an older version of adobe illustrator like cs4 for around 90 dollars and that should work just as well i use cs4 illustrator once in a while, but i prefer to use flash since i have been using it longer for drawing. if you look above you will see the miner i made with flash, it also does vector graphics. it has alot of tutorials for it also, you cant go wrong with either one.
    i should add the cs5 version goes for around 130 dollars for digital download.

+1 Flash