Post-holiday sales

izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
Hi guys.

Just want to share an observation so far with regards to sales during this post-holiday period.
I'm seeing sales dropping off gradually since end-december 2010. Since this is my first time being a full-time developer since October/November last year, I'd like to know what other's experience are like.

Also with the Verizon-Apple deal last week, many are expecting more sales coming from more new customers. Some how I am not "feeling it"...yet. Not sure if there'll even be a sustained sales spike across the board for all apps that are in the top 200 in every category.

I hope only veterans will chime in here. Thanks.

Comments

• QbAnYtOQbAnYtO Member Posts: 523
    maybe its time for a new app :)
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Well my sales have been nothing to brag about. Quite embarrassing really. I'm not sure I buy that Verizon will bring much of a sales boost. theres a good chance that a lot of these people already have other iOS devices so I don't think its unreasonable to assume they are just going to move their existing apps to their new device. and I think in the short term the only apps they will be buying, if they are new to iOS, are top 100 apps that appear on the device.

But hey thats just one mans opinion. :)
  • StusAppsStusApps Member, PRO Posts: 1,352
    I think verizon iPhones will just maintain the levels really, not a huge boost. Christmas sales were awesome, and yeah they won't be like that all year. Currently my sales are still sitting in 'new release land' and very good. Once this app settles down they should still continue at a steady rate I hope.
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    Hey izam,
    i think it will be hard to get "usable" info because everyone's situation is so different.
    I am too new to comment on the issue with specific numbers but a few days ago, I've started tracking every detail of my apps and it is helpful to see the patterns emerge!
    I had a slow start back in December but so far, February has been better than the two previous months before.
    All in all, i am changing direction and put 80% of my time into going after the windows users and the rest, with upgrading my existing apps.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    @izam: You're not alone, I have experienced a drop in sales after December, and I talked to another dev (not GS) and he too said sales have been slipping a bit over the last week.

Could be a number of factors contributing... Xmas is over, gift cards have been redeemed and used, or could be kids are well into school now, or just timing.

Hopefully things will pick up again! :)
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Yeah. Sales have deffo dropped off back to pre-xmas levels (maybe a bit lower) over the last week and a half maybe.

Not seen a bump from the Verizon thing at all.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    my sales took a huge dip around christmas then shot way up mid januarty. From January 20 till today appannie reports my earnings at almost 4 grand. I hope it lasts!
  • JohnPapiomitis said:
    my sales took a huge dip around christmas then shot way up mid januarty. From January 20 till today appannie reports my earnings at almost 4 grand. I hope it lasts!

Hey,
    Congrats of the great sales. Sorry I've forgotten but what apps do you currently have up on the store?
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    JohnPapiomitis said:

And she still wont marry you?

Do you need storage (for your money)?
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    EightBitRemix said:
    Hey,
    Congrats of the great sales. Sorry I've forgotten but what apps do you currently have up on the store?

One objective c, its a fishermans guide kinda app its stream live marine forecasts to your device every hour as well as gives you a index of fish and what bait to use, gps cordinates for good fishing spots, live tide charts, and stuff like that. That does extremely well. I have one soundboard, a 2 player multiplayer game (the sumo game i showed on here awhile ago) that does really well in the kids category.

Then a bunch of other but there not under my name. Stuff from old rev shares ect.
  • izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
    Thanks for your input guys. Guess its across the board then. Looks like we've got to pump out more games and press releases!

Come think about that, I've not done any press releases at all...