Do you want your game to be on installous?

POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
Hey guys
I was just wondering , there are lots of jailbroken iphones out there,
and lots of them has installous on.
Now lets think of it for a second , if one uses installous to get there games and not willing to pay for them anyway , so why not putting your game there?
1) you will not lose costomers , cause the people who download from installous will not buy it anyway.
2) you will not get bad reviews from installous download , so if the man didnt like it , he just delete it.
3) you WILL have your game on more devices worldwide than usual , which leads to kinda advertising your game ..

just thinking loud here , tell me what you think..

Roy.

Comments

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    NO!
    Because if you don't give one of these hacks a code they probably won't buy it in the first place to hack it. You lose customers because as more and more think it's ok to steal games we will lose. Do you really think thieves are going to tell their friends go buy this game!? No they will say I can hack your device to get all free games.
    Also from what I've heard they can and have left reviews and bad ones.
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Chaser said:
    NO!
    Because if you don't give one of these hacks a code they probably won't buy it in the first place to hack it. You lose customers because as more and more think it's ok to steal games we will lose. Do you really think thieves are going to tell their friends go buy this game!? No they will say I can hack your device to get all free games.
    Also from what I've heard they can and have left reviews and bad ones.

@Chaser
    i cant argue with that, like i said, just thinking out loud :)

Roy
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    I hear ya. :)
  • gazjmgazjm Member Posts: 578
    the only possible benefit I could think of is if you have ad's in your game. If they still work on a cracked app then you could get more revenue that way, but then again, if you have ad's then the game is probably free on the appstore anyway.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Installous is not something you can submit your game to or even control the listing. I don't want my games there but honestly you cant seem to control it going there. The only codes I gave out for my last game where through email and it was still cracked in less than a day. I also took the time on this one to try and mess with the hacker by emailing the file hosting sites they had uploaded the ipa to and those sites sent me back a nice thank you letter saying they would be glad to look into it but my request must meet all of these requirements before they would even look at it. it seems to me its just a cop-out since um duh im not sure what else a file with a .ipa extension would be for. they don't really care and are only gonna mess with it if you are willing to jump through the hoops. MY thought is the people downloading on installous are not going to buy the game anyway so no real loss other than when they get their friends to switch to using installous.
  • AppChogieAppChogie Member Posts: 503
    It is all done via a bot, no one is sitting cracking the .ipa it is automatically done direct from the apple store api through a back door hole. When you upload they can pull the game from the listings.

I have seen my games cracked, hard one to stop.

look out for people contacting you saying they are from YouTube and dont send them a code in return for a review. If they come to you it's likly a scam.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    AppChogie said:
    It is all done via a bot, no one is sitting cracking the .ipa it is automatically done direct from the apple store api through a back door hole. When you upload they can pull the game from the listings.

I have seen my games cracked, hard one to stop.

look out for people contacting you saying they are from YouTube and dont send them a code in return for a review. If they come to you it's likly a scam.

I had someone contact me recently wanting to do a Youtube review and asking for a code.

I didn't have one to give out, and asked for his youtube channel address, and all I got back was 'So no promo codes left?'

Didn't think much of it at the time.

Also, recently, someone created a 'quantumsheep' account on an iphone hack site. It's run by kids, but I'm wary of my name being associated with such a site, even if it isn't me!

(or especially if it isn't me!).

QS :/

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io