a SAVE state data would be great

beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
We game designers need to make scores with recorded names and save states for rpgs or adventure games and arcade style games.

It would be GREAT if GS had something like that...Me and most game designers here would apreciate that really a lot!

Think about players going through an arcade game because they want to chalenge his friends to see who can score more points in the game...and after playing they will close the application and when they came back for more...where are their registered names?...think about it because this is really important not only to us game designers but even more to the players...even if they are casual players...who doesn´t want to register and keep his name(nickname) stored on a famous arcade machine with millions of points or better on a iphone highscore board?

GS is a really great game machine creator, simple, easy to use, fast, has a time counter(that GML(with alarms) doesn´t have...thank you for that...it counts a lot) and is also designed for the ones that doesn´t know how to code.AND with a save data state it would be PERFECT!

Comments

• JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    This is on the to-do list. I asked about it in another post. The reply I got was that they are trying to get GS done & ready for iPhone App publishing. That is the top priority, but that Saves are on the list. So for your first game make it simple, where it doesn't need a save.

-JGary
  • beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
    yes of course!

but I know it´s only a matter of time for you guys to provide it on next versions.

And I really liked the interface of GS...it´s only a shame we can´t test the games directly o the iphone at first for optimizing it better and faster.

A thing that I´ve learned from using GML(game maker language) is that you never know how much your game will consume from the hardware if you don´t test it many and many hours directly.And when you discover that it´s not ok...you´ll have to do all the stuff again!And this really sucks!!