I once was blind but now I see!

xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
Just for kicks, I logged into my site stats and played with the statistics settings.
To my BIG surprise, I had over 20000 UNIQUE (yes, unique) visitors and what blew me even more away was the about 75% of them came with IE as their browser!

WHY OH WHY didn't i check this sooner???

Guess what I do today?

MORE of this: http://littlecomposers.com/Little_Composers/eula.html

Comments

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Wow, people really do still use IE. I'm amazed.
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    SlickZero said:
    Wow, people really do still use IE. I'm amazed.

Not only this, out of all IE browser users, 85% came with version 6 and hardly any with 8
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    IE6? THE most afflicted web browser version ever created anywhere. I bet it's people at work browsing from their 10 year old, heavily restricted as to what they can do, computers. Honestly, I don't know of anyone that still uses any version of IE. I haven't used it in over 7 years.
  • DrGlickertDrGlickert Member Posts: 1,135
    I bet they are at work or at school. Most corporations and schools utilize PC based machines. That's purely an assumption though.
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    My next problem to solve is finding a free hosting service for the .exe files.

They are between 3 to 9 MEG each and going Rappidshare is just not professional. On the other hand, since i give the demos away for free, they could trigger my limit which means that I have to pay for bandwidth .... which is not the plan ether.
    Torrents are probably iffy but a good way to see if someone would be willing to seed ... and it doesn't cost me anything to make them.

Exciting day ahead :)
  • SteverdSteverd Member Posts: 194
    Yep, we have IE6 on about 200 computers at work..
    So old.... Luckily I can load Firefox on my computers there.

Steve
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    I don't get it lol
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Our website gets about 1000-1500 unique visitors a day.
    90% are visitors from an idevice.

The rest is with a pc on the site and at least 90% of those are using safari or firefox.

My other websites which have nothing to do with iphone and apple get visitors with firefox in the same volume.
    I get only 1-2% IE visitors, so your statistics are only valid for your site. It is not representative in general at all.

It is useful only for you, so now you know your customers a bit better and you can improve the site for them.

First i would check if the site is working properly with all IE versions...