New Game Marketing

haphadonhaphadon Member Posts: 22
Hi,

First off I'm sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum, I wasn't exactly sure where to post this but this seemed like the most appropriate place. If I'm incorrect please move it to the appropriate sub-fourm :)

Anyways, I was wondering, I have seen many people do a what I would call trailer for there upcoming games. And for the most part these videos seem to look like the gameplay is coming straight from the iOS device itself.

So I was wondering when making these videos are people just filming the actual game being played in Game Salad and just not showing the mouse cursor, or is there another method, and if so what is it :P

The reason I am asking is because my game will be released soon and I want to begin doing some early marketing and being only 14 one of the few resources I have available is making videos :P

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kevin S

Comments

• ScootsScoots Member Posts: 507
    Hi Kevin , I use Screenflow others use IShow U and just capture the play off of Gamesalad's preview. If you have a jail broken device then there are other options.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    normally gameplay is a screen record or the game salad preview. cursor shown or not maybe due to the software used or maybe they are using keyboard buttons in place of the onscreen buttons so they don't have to use the cursor.
  • haphadonhaphadon Member Posts: 22
    Thank you Scoots and tenrdrmer for your excellent and quick answers :) I really appreciate it! That basically answers my questions, so now I guess its back to finishing my game and making a video for it!

Thanks again,

Kevin S