getting viewer installed

SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Right.. so I downloaded the viewer, and thought I'd have a go at getting it installed on the phone.

found that on here
http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=1091

and thought I'd give it a go. from reading it I assumed that will let me install the viewer without spending the $99 to apple?? (or have a I assumed wrong there?)

aaaaaaanyway

When I try to install the viewer to the phone I get this error :

"This provisioning profile does not have a valid signature (or it has a valid, but untrusted signature)"

If I choose to install to the simulator, all works fine though.

Does this mean I have to stump up the $99 to the apple dev prog before I can get the viewer on the phone?
Or is it poss to install the viewer without that just yet?

Just wanted to test on the phone before I have to pay the $99 to apple if at all poss.

Sparky

Comments

• SlowboySlowboy Member, PRO Posts: 329
    Yes, you need to pay. Once you've paid you can make provisioning profiles and open up your phone for development.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Thanks slowboy....I figured as much
    That's all I needed to know...ta.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    The Wiki does seem to say that you don't need to pay Apple first just to install the GameSalad Viewer, but with all the certificates, provisioning profiles and appIDs you need to get stuff working on the device, it's just much easier (necessary?) to do that when you are a member of the iphone developer program.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Yeah.. that's what confused me a bit. The wiki deffo seems to "suggest" that you just need to have an apple dev account, rather than be part of the dev program.

ahh well, there goes another $99

;o)
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    I'm sure you have to be a fully paid up developer before you can put apps on your device, not just registered.