Slow down/ stutters

tollhousestudiotollhousestudio Member Posts: 166
I'm really annoyed with this, I tested my game on a 3gs and it runs so perfectly, I thought that everything would be ok. But on a 3g it is stuttering and slowing down, the memory total never goes higher than 28mb which I thought was really low.

Could something help me figure it out so i can get this game updated.

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Are all the images power of 2?

(each side 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024)

Are there ways to make things move using fewer rules? (I had some bad guys in a platformer that moved back and forth randomly with image changes when they changed directions etc.) I took out all of that, set their restitution (bounciness) to 2, and let them fall a bit and that made then bounce around just fine without all of the complexity. I also got rid of a few of these moving bad guys to limit the number of them on the screen at once. this helped a ton! Make sure all your attributes are the correct type for the purpose they serve.

Good luck! Hope you get it sorted out.
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Are you doing a lot of spawning?? Spawning will make it stutter a lot. Takes a low of resources.
  • tollhousestudiotollhousestudio Member Posts: 166
    Could someone explain why images need to be the power of 2? Is it just in gamesalad or do I need to make the file itself the power of 2 then put it into gamesalad.

I'm spawning a lot of invisable coliders. Either I need to cut them back or do they need to also be the power of 2.

This runs on 3gs no problem but I need an update submitted today for all 3g users.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    power of 2 is an iphone OS thing not GS. And it has nothing to do with actor size just image size. So in photoshop or pixen or whatever make sure that your images follow that rule. invisible actors do not matter at all.
    Maybe you can help me, my main actor images are 300 x 300 how would I change that to the power of 2?
    and also another important frequent one is 20 x 20?
    i'm trying to reduce a lot of things instead of changing my image sizes, like constraining the house colliders instead of spawn at position and move with the house. I got constrain working but because its a row of houses that keeps entering everytime I destroy the one that has passed and went off screen it effects the new ones in some way.

Like they are only appearing when they are middle of the screen?! not when the enter the scene.
    actually the new collider is only appearing after the first one has left the screen?