Where will you get with 75 thousand free downloads a day? Answer inside.

2»

Comments

• HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    Shanemc said:
    How does 4800 downloads only yields $100.00

That's a really good question.
    I was feeling, there is something not right.

Appfigures show us the following:

Mon, Feb 28, 11 $100.74 4,882
    Sun, Feb 27, 11 $27.39 118,907

Which is interesting, because I have set iTunes Connect to change the price to 99 cents on 28. february.

It was then automatically switched back at 10 pm EST and I thought somehow iTunes handles times crappy, that's why the additional 27 Dollars on the 27th of february.

But now I am asking myself too: if it was switched back, then where are those downloads or if it was not switched back, where are those 27 Dollars coming from?

Very strange.

Maybe redownloads will counted, but they don't result in money of course.

So if people deleted the previously paid app and now they redownload again, it shows up as a download, but doesn't add to the earned sum...

Appannie shows the same.
    Ok I figured it out.

beside the fact that iTunes is a big pile of crap there were still countries, where the app was free due to different time zones. Those free downloads generated the additional numbers.
  • ShanemcShanemc Member Posts: 86
    Oh well that explains it. Well let's hope you get 4800+ downloads tomorrow.

Shanemc
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Thanks for being so free with the information. It's really interesting and I was surprised to see China ranking at 3 on downloads but I have not checked the comparative international installed base of iphones/ipads/itouches. It really pushes the issue of iads to the front of my mind, along with questions on timing of switching to paid, and the just how updates with ads might yield some payment.

I really do wish you luck with how things go, and hope the Steve Jobs payment fairy has to reach deep in his current account to dish out to you very shortly.

For myself I am trying to work out if a free apps without ads will get a reputation that will generate sales later. I did see some figures that said something like 35 million users downloaded free apps while only 19 million ever paid. Each time you slice up to a closer demographic for your app the numbers fall very quickly and then you have to divid by the number of similar apps and the chances of it being found or stumbled across...

kipper
    Everything went back to normal.

10-20 dollars a day...
  • EvilSniperXVEvilSniperXV Member Posts: 20
    So... you get 200k rough downloads for a free game. But then drop down to 4k and then below that when you put 99 cents down? Somehow that doesn't make sense. Wouldn't the exposure help some?

I mean I'm kinda confused how it can drop off the radar so quickly like that.
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    EvilSniperXV said:
    So... you get 200k rough downloads for a free game. But then drop down to 4k and then below that when you put 99 cents down? Somehow that doesn't make sense. Wouldn't the exposure help some?

I mean I'm kinda confused how it can drop off the radar so quickly like that.

because the world is full of freeloading bastards :(

everybody's cheap nowadays. and you also gotta remember all the jailbroken devices and all the kids with no money :/
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Plus as soon ass you make it paid again, it will disappear off the free charts, and I guess be at the bottom of the paid charts.

I tried the same idea with quake builder back in Jan I made it free and hit around 75000 downloads on the 2nd day of being free which was just nuts, but decided to keep it free and ad iAds....now make between 6 to 20 $ a day which is a lot better than the paid sales were doing.

Cheers for sharing the info hunn.....I love this stuff....
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    stormystudio said:
    Plus as soon ass you make it paid again, it will disappear off the free charts, and I guess be at the bottom of the paid charts.

I tried the same idea with quake builder back in Jan I made it free and hit around 75000 downloads on the 2nd day of being free which was just nuts, but decided to keep it free and ad iAds....now make between 6 to 20 $ a day which is a lot better than the paid sales were doing.

Cheers for sharing the info hunn.....I love this stuff....

i thought u were calling him hun...like "honey" i was like WTF?! but then i read his screename....but you knooooooooooowww........
    Welcome :-)
    And no matter if you call me hun or hunn, i am glad i could help :-)

PS: if you want to call me hun, send me a picture and tell some stories about your childhood first ;-)
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    pictures in the post... suger plum
  • CabacoCabaco Member Posts: 414
    Where can I see my profits? I know where to go to see my sales but dont know about my profits...
    BTW GREAT Article!
    CabacoAppNews said:
    Where can I see my profits?

Use Appfigures or Appannie
  • firebirdgames.co.ukfirebirdgames.co.uk Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for sharing your info with us Hunnenkoenig, it's really helpful. I hope to make some updates to my game Nom Nom, and go pro with a lite iAd version and the paid full version with no iAds.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    Thanks King of Honey, I am building A new app and was thinking about making it free and hope for x-selling but reading this I think I will have it payed.
    What have you sold in the Netherlands? I see very different reviews fro
    Crappy to very good. I will download it later (playing epig dive now).
    It looks a lot like that old arcade. Was it's name co
    Commando? I loved that one.
    Good luck on sales!
    Cheers