Accelerometer moving up and down

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
If you want to have a character move up and down with the accelerometer, do you choose from the devices, accelerometer, and X axis for this or Y axis?

I was reading the Wiki but wanted clarification :)

Comments

• stanimationstanimation Member Posts: 406
    The way it works for me is this. If you are holding the device vertically, Y is north/south, and X is east/west. I used "game.Accelerometer.X" rule for my Golf Ball Juggle game to move the club east/west.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    That's what I thought, I'll have to recheck my rules and see why my up and down isn't working as well as left and right.

For moving up, do you have if game.accelerometerY is < -0.1?

And for moving down, if " " is > 0.1?

It doesn't seem as repsonsive as the left and right rules for accelerometer that I currently have
  • Rob2Rob2 Member Posts: 2,402
    You could try the Accel Tester I have uploaded ..it gives a good indication of whats going on...can't seem to update the screen shot tho...Its actually looks quite good and has nothing to do with a scary face!!
  • stanimationstanimation Member Posts: 406
    Pretty much. But I use .05 for a little better sensitivity. Also check out the accel tester on the games section that rob2 made. It's handy!!
    OOps ...I'm having alot of probs with the site for some reason but now I know someone has used it I will make sure all is ok as soon as possible
    Well I can't seem to update the screen shot but it should be available here

http://gamesalad.com/game/play/30652

Anyone know how to delete web games you have uploaded ?
    I don't think at this time we can delete games we've already uploaded, hopefully we will be able to in the future

I tried downloading one of your projects, and went into it, and couldn't find any rules or attributes for the accelerometer

Do you or does anyone have samples of Up and down movement versus left and right on the accelerometer?
    It's really only meant to help with planning and to get a feel for the effects of movement on your device.

Its just uses three actors which have display text behaviors and the text is an expression
    of type:-

game.Accelerometer.Y ................(or X or Z)

I have been out of the loop for a few weeks and am only just starting myself
    Thanks Rob2 :) Appreciate your help, I also found a video by Tshirt on youtube which explained the accelerometer, thanks guys!
  • VmlwebVmlweb Member Posts: 427
    You can use my app GameSalad Devices to view the co-ordinates on your iPhone/iPod Touch
    More info at http://vmlweb.co.uk/page.php?15