Dangerous Dave Update

Marc_n_SophMarc_n_Soph Member Posts: 111
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
Hi all.

Firstly, thanks QS and John Papiomitis for all the help with all kinds of stuff. We would be still baffled without you!

We have finally submitted our update to our first game, Dangerous Dave. It's taken a while, so really hope it actually improves gameplay!

Should be smoother as gfx heavy levels have been totally re done (same gfx, different technique used to re cycle image actors)

As per requested/demanded in reviews, Dave can now wheelie, backflip, and frontflip.

Ooh and if you wheelie at top of ramp, you jump higher and further. That took me ages. hehe

Unlockable "Race Mode" featuring me an a 50cc moped. :-P

Quick vid

Feedback appreciated, thanks for reading!!

Marc n Soph

Comments

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    That's cool! Did you ever figure out the landing upside down rule as it looks like we had the same hurdle but nobody could help. I had mine get hurt when it landed at <-130 and > +240 but wanted it to get hurt at a range between - &+ 130 to 240. I kinda gave up on the range as nobody wanted to or seemed to know how to write a range expression
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    I can't believe all those stunts you did just for a game! It's a wonder you're still alive! :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• ScootsScoots Member Posts: 507
    Looks hilarious, how many frames are in that animation ?
  • Marc_n_SophMarc_n_Soph Member Posts: 111
    Chaser I will look at it later and post up what we did, on way to work right now!

QS, you do know i didnt actually do all those stunts right? For a game?
    That would be stoopid of me. No. I made Sophs Dad do them. Muhuhahahaaa

Scoots - the pedalling anim? 17 frames for complete cycle.

Thanks for reading!!

Marc n Soph
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    looks awesome guys !
    Thanks John, appreciate that. Thanks for the help m8.

Chaser, we gave up trying expressions when we realised the rotation does not reset to 0 on a complete spin, and reverted to crash rule, land rule.

Controller Actor

if self.rotation > 80 and collide with ground actor change attrib crash - 1 (Crash)

if self.rotation > 280 and collide with ground actor change attrib crash - 0 (No crash)

then > 440 and collide - crash
    and > 640 and collide - no crash

etc

until you could do loads of backflips.

same for front flip

< -90 and collide crash
    < -280 and collide no crash
    < -450 crash
    < -640 no crash

etc

Now we KNOW thats not a great way of doing things, but it's the best we could do! Really wanted to get flips in, and we did it! (in a way) haha

Would be very interested to know of any better ways, but remember we are not great at GS (yet) and the expression editor may as well be in an alien language. Tryin hard tho!

Wanna get Photics gamesalad book, but my wife says I have spent all my pocket money this month. ;-(

Sad but true. When your gurl fiend becomes your wife, pocket money laws come back into action.

Thanks for reading!

Marc and (personal bank manager / Dictator) Soph
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    That's like what I was doing but noticed if I flipped the hero more than 360 and landed it still calculated a hit. Thought maybe you knew of a way to write an expression range that would maybe include if actor lands at a degree between something like -130 to -240 and not just greater than or less than. Guess nobody knows. I even sent my file to 1 of our sous chefs and got no response. Oh well!
    Sorry dude, I asked around too. No joy.. Think its cos it dont reset back to zero... an expression that calculates all the "safe" zones for landing when the angle just keeps on accumulating seems impossible to me.. so we just came up with loads of rules! does the job tho!

Marc n Soph
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    thats awesome. i love digitize grphx
    Thanks Aquarius. Took some cuttin out!!

Marc n Soph
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    I was actually working on a digitize ninja side scroller (like shinobi on sega Saturn) years ago. With another tool in the windows platform Hmm. U gave me an idea :p
  • seantaitseantait Member Posts: 1

Dave Game Download: Friends! Many people enjoy playing games on a computer. Today, technology has changed a lot. As a result, we also have many advanced technologies for games. But if you live the childhood of the 1990s, do you remember games like Dangerous Dave, Sky Road, Aladdin? These games have their own enjoyment. These games were people’s favorite games until Windows XP. But in Windows 7 and later, these games cannot run. Today we are going to tell you the way in which you too can enjoy these games on your computer. So let’s know- How to Play Dangerous Dave https://sktechpro.com/2020/08/dave-game-download/ in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10