Trying to Activate Membership

EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
edited November -1 in Tech Support
...and after I submit my email and password the message box just goes away. No error report or anything. What should I do?

Comments

• giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    that should mean you have activated it.
    check by going in gamesalad (the tool) and click up at the top - gamesalad and then "about gamesalad"- then check that beside licence there is express/pro
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Okay yay it is express.

However I'm lost on how to get the damn game to preview on my phone. I'm set with the certificates and stuff, so that isn't the problem.

I connect my phone's wifi to the same network my mac is on, and then run the game salad viewer? It can't find anything...

And I read that I press the iPhone preview app button, but there isn't one there...
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:building_gamesalad_viewer

Here's the link to the Wiki I used, Make sure you have your provisioning profile and certificates downloaded as stated.

Also, download the viewer under your project management page, unzip the file and take the file from it that says: GameSalad Viewer.xcodeproj and drag it into Xcode, from there you can compile your viewer. Once you've followed what to change within Xcode, you should just hit "Run and build" and if you don't get an error message, and you see it's loading, then you're good to go.

Any other Q's , ask, hope this helps :)
    It helped a bit, and I've been through all that stuff.

The problem is not getting the viewer to build on my phone, that works perfectly . The viewer just says "Waiting for network..." the whole time. I live in an apartment so I don't really have access to my router.

However, I have connected my iPhone and tried creating my own network on my mac and connecting to that, and neither have worked.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Sounds like it's something to do with your internet and your phone, it should work, so you're on a wireless network via your apartment and both your iphone and Mac are connected to that, if they are it should build on your iphone, and if it does, it will say "successful build" on the xcode on the bottom right hand corner....
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    first, on the computer, open your project in gamesalad.
    second, on the iphone, click on the gs viewer.

then wait a bit, and the "preview on the iphone" button should magically appear right next to the green preview arrow in gamesalad creator.

sometimes it takes a few tries, you might have to quit and relaunch the app on the iphone.

but that is how it works.
    Ah that was it! Thank you very much firemaple! :)

Seems the GS player is a little laggy when it comes to action games :/
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    glad you got it working!

it is quite a thrill to see your game running on an iphone for the first time!