sprite animation question..

okimokiokimoki Member Posts: 159
If i make two frames of a sprite i want to animate, lets say one for the sprite with opened eyes and one for the closed.. then in the animation behavior i put 20 frames of eyes opened and one frame with eyes closed..

does that count only as two sprites, or does that count as 21 sprites that has to be put into memory?
Im guessins just two, but i need confirmation ;)

Thanks,
O.

Comments

• old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Just watch the memory usage for graphics while using the app is running in the viewer on a device. But do relaunch the viewer app each time you want to check memory related readings as it seems to have a bug which adds usage each time it is used if it is left open.

I looked at this myself a few days ago and it seems to that repeat frames do not add to the memory.
  • okimokiokimoki Member Posts: 159
    i would still like some answer to that.. :)
    right now i have small sprites, like 32x32.. i have two of them, and animation is something like AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAB..
    i dont see any change in FPS just from that but that is the question i would like to get answered for my next project where sprites will be much bigger and animation sequences a lot longer.
    If anybody knows firsthand, please let me know..
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    Why do you have that many A's?

Ace
  • okimokiokimoki Member Posts: 159
    i want to do a blink and the simplest way i could figure out is to use animation and do 30 As and then one B.. that way sprite has opened eyes for quite some time and then blinks for short time..
    I know it could be done with switching the images at random intervals but i just havent figure out how to do that yet, and this is really the question i would like to know the answer to :)
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    mynameisace said:
    Why do you have that many A's?

Ace

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    calvin9403 said:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Get back to playing on Steve's iPad :P

@Okimoki The answer to your first question is that I won't keep adding to the memory anyway :)

Ace
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    mynameisace said:
    Get back to playing on Steve's iPad :P

@Okimoki The answer to your first question is that I won't keep adding to the memory anyway :)

Ace

but I gave it to storm already