One free drawing??

iTouchGameriTouchGamer Member Posts: 681
Can someone please supply one free drawing of a hockey stick. I have searched and searched everywhere, but there is no image of it in the position I need it in.

I need to to be lying flat, with the blade pointing ^ way lol.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Comments

• VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    Here is a hockey stick I just made for you. I can make some changes for you if need be. ;-)

I hope this helps!
    ~CTM

EDIT: oops! I forgot to give the background alpha channel.... if you want any changes in color or anything, I'll change the alpha then.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Cool CTM!

@iTouchGamer... when I googled 'hockey stick' and then clicked for images... every other one seemed to be in that position!

...but like CTM's better!

MH
  • iTouchGameriTouchGamer Member Posts: 681
    Thanks guys! I'm not sure you understood the position I meant.....

The shaft of the stick, flat, this way: |

and the blade at the North side of it lol. And when I say flat I mean like the stick is on the ground, and your eyes are right next to it, like a "flat" view. Thanks again guys!
    If you rotated it would it work?
    ~CTM
    Never mind guys, a little work in Adobe Illustrator did the trick. I will post my finished product in a minute
    As you can see, I did a horrible job! Maybe if you guys see the "view" I was going for, you could make a cleaner version of what I had lol.

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    iTouchGamer said:
    As you can see, I did a horrible job! Maybe if you guys see the "view" I was going for, you could make a cleaner version of what I had lol.

So you just want it to be rotated to look like what you have?
    ~CTM
    Lol, no not rotate (which I have used before). I don't know how to explain it.

How I explained before, the stick is on the ground, and you're on the ground looking right at it. Head on with it.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    I have no idea what you're looking for. are you looking for a top-down view?
    I have no idea how to describe it!!! lol ugh :(

If any of you have Illustrator, you know how you can go to Effects, 3D, Extrude & Bevel. Then you can move it around and make it like flat....
    Ok what view do you want:

. ............................................./
    A>> ---------------/ << B

or something else....
    use what I did above to explain it.
    (ignore the dots )
    ~CTM
    I'm not talking about the "rotation" view, I'm talking about the "3D" view of it. Ok, let's say it's rotated the way jonmulcahy had it, that's the starting point.

I don't know where to go on from there, any of you have Illustrator?
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Just for the record, when itouch first posted the "rotated" image he had the tags wrong so I quoted his post and fixed them so the image would show up. As soon as I had hit submit he had already fixed his post.

I just don't want to get accused of being an inadequate rotator (the list of my inadequacies is long enough!)

:)
    Haha, I kinda guessed that when I refreshed the page.

Now back to the drawing lol-I wish I knew how to explain it, it works better with 3D images, not flat images....
    Ok, I found out how to explain it. So u know when a cylinder is standing up? Then you turn it any-which way so that you're looking through it. That's how I want the view of the stick to be, at an angle as if you're looking through a cylinder. Hopes this makes it easier, thanks!
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,881
    LOL, Still doesn't make sense. How can you look through a hockey stick?
    Perhaps you can make a similar photo of an object in the stance you would like to have.
    I didn't mean actually look through it, I meant the angle. As if you're holding the stick with the shaft up against you're eye's, as if you're looking through it lol. Ugh, so hard to explain.

It's for my game where pucks will be falling, so I want the stick to be at an angle to when u move it to the puck, it lands on the blade..
    Like looking through the barrel of a gun but then with a solid barrel so to speak? But wouldn't the blade then be just a line? Because you would look on top of the blade as well?
    Yes and no lol. You get the idea, finally!! lol, but I was hoping for the shaft of the stick to be only partly visible so the blade wouldn't be a line...
    Something like this perhaps:
    (hopefully I get the img tags right)

OMFG!! You are the best!!!! Thank you, thank you!!! Exactly what I pictured!!
    Man, I need to find some way to repay you, maybe I'll put your name in the credits of my game, I'll figure something out. Thank you!!
    Hehe, glad to help you!