Is it a good idea to split profits?

BlazingApplicationsBlazingApplications Member Posts: 340
So i am wanting to split profits with an artist. Is this a good idea? What I would do is, take a screen shot of the total sales for the month and give them what ever percent we decide on. Let me know what you think...
-BA

Comments

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    well if its a partnership 50 /50 you can make them there own itunes connect account based off yours, and only give them acess to sales data
  • BlazingApplicationsBlazingApplications Member Posts: 340
    ok where do i find an artist that would split profits? should a make a new thread, "need artist who will split profits" or something like that...
    -BA
    id make a thread stating your looking to form a team with a artist 50/50. I found myt partner on here and couldnt be happier

cheers
    is 50/50 a good deal? or should it be like more of 70/30. Also, how do I create a document that says how much percent we both get???
    -BA
    BlazingApplications said:
    is 50/50 a good deal? or should it be like more of 70/30. Also, how do I create a document that says how much percent we both get???
    -BA

it depends if its a straight up partnership, or if your just looking for artist to work for profits.
    can i just say "looking to form a team with an artist" and i can discus the details in email?
    -BA
    BlazingApplications said:
    can i just say "looking to form a team with an artist" and i can discus the details in email?
    -BA

of course lol, go with that then

cheers
    ok
  • ozboybrianozboybrian PRO Posts: 2,102
    Go by your first game man, if it sells well with your current Graphics (which are pretty good but could be a little better compared to top games) then you show off your sales history after a few months showing how succesful your game is and then that is a pitch towards keen graphics designers, cause you obviously know what you're doing.

Hope that's a good idea.
  • mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102
    If the game is very well designed and the graphic is state of the art a 70% you 30 % designer is a good deal.
  • kietzkietz Member Posts: 49
    I think it really depends on the game.

Something like a block puzzle game that might have relatively simple graphics but will be difficult to program sure 70% programmer - 30% artist.

However, if its an action game that is loaded with graphics like multiple characters, animations, explosions, backgrounds, buttons, that stuff can take time, maybe even more time than programing the game. In this case i can see 50% - 50%

That being said every game is different and terms need to be planned out.
    Great topic though, i think collaboration should be done more.
    Doing games on your own is a lot of work and its great to get other opinions along the way