ICON opinion - please tell me what you think?

POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
Hey ;)
So soon ill finish my new game based on darren's template , lots of features added as well as all new design ,
3 levels and instant restart! , im working on the icon now , here is what i came up so far , is this appealing?

Please leave comments questions suggestions any thing like that below

Roy.

Comments

• DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Looks good imo!

DL
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    tshirtbooth said:
    But it kinda looks like he bottom guy is worried he is about to get pooped on ;)

There's always *someone* that thinks like this! :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    The icon looks great, but the rounded corners are a bit pixelated, and you can still see a tiny line where you rounded them off from the square. Zoom in real close, and you'll see it. The art style is cool, though. I hope you have good luck with it. There are a lot of games now based off this template, but if you are changing it up like you mentioned, you should do okay.
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    Thanks a lot guys!
    i really appreciate your opinions
    SlickZero said:
    The icon looks great, but the rounded corners are a bit pixelated, and you can still see a tiny line where you rounded them off from the square. Zoom in real close, and you'll see it. The art style is cool, though. I hope you have good luck with it. There are a lot of games now based off this template, but if you are changing it up like you mentioned, you should do okay.

Yeah i noticed that , actually it was a quick "cut" in photoshop just to imitate how icons look like , the original file is without a round cut , as apple cut the edges for you (or is it GS i dont know )
    tshirtbooth
    But it kinda looks like he bottom guy is worried he is about to get pooped on ;)

Should i change it?

Roy.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    I think they look really good, but I would perhaps take strengthen the line and possibly simplify them a little so they remain strong when viewed as small icons. The relationship of the bottom guy to the one above says it all and I would keep the expressions for sure, but I would make the top feet a bit more obvious as as feet.
    Old_K thanks for the reply
    my english is not so good , can you explain your suggestion in a more simple english for this :
    "but I would perhaps take strengthen the line and possibly simplify them a little so they remain strong"

Roy
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKMember Posts: 2,484
    Looks perfect!

Ace
    Here is the same with some improvements :

Roy.
    The feet are good. Send me your email address to my profile contact and I will send you a rough drawing to explain
    @old_kipper

appreciate your help :

roysadaka (at) gmail (dot) com

Roy.
    email sent