Question about payment and tax.. Please help

steve86steve86 Member Posts: 806
Hello

I just completed my first game and I was wondering if you guys could tell me how does apple pay you. I already know that they pay you once a month if you have more than 150 dollars in sales I believe.

But my real question is if i am not an American developer, how do I pay taxes on my sales. Is apple going to retain part of the sales to pay taxes or they are just going to pay all to my bank account and its my responsibility to declare that income.

I am currently registered to pay taxes in Mexico so if anyone has information on how that works here it would be great. Or if anyone could tell me how it works outside of USA that would also be helpful.

Thank you very much for your help.

Comments

• MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    Apple takes it 30% (but they do all the creditCard charges) and sends you 70% of your sales...
    the 70% is your gross profits...

and that is income ... subject to taxes after you deduct expenses incurred to earn it.

For country specific taxes ... you should check with your government... http://www.gob.mx/

I always find that being open and honest and asking questions from the tax office gets good results.

MH