Forum Search & Directional Fire

SmallBytesSmallBytes Member, PRO Posts: 21
edited November -1 in Tech Support
hi, You may already have a post for this but i cant seem to find a forum search. Is there one?

I am trying to get my actor to shoot left or right based on the direction they are facing. So if i click the left arrow key and make them go left they should shoot left and so on... I currently have my actor shooting left when walking left but when he walks right the bullets still go left.

I tried tying the blaster actor to a direction rule which kinda works but then my main actor does not shoot when they are standing still i.e. no directional key is being pressed. HELP!

Thanks
Thumbthug

Comments

• SmallBytesSmallBytes Member, PRO Posts: 21
    Ok, red face!!!!

The moment i hit send i found the search.

Ok so... i found quantumsheeps suggestion of using two actors and destory/spawn which works. Thanks You.

The only issue i get now is when i switch directions from left to right or vis-versa i have to click the directional key twice rather than just keep my finger on the button (once to turn the actor and then again to make him walk in that diection. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thumbthug
  • SmallBytesSmallBytes Member, PRO Posts: 21
    Thanks tshirtbooth.

i found quantumsheeps suggestion of using two actors and destory/spawn which works. Thanks You.

The only issue i get now is when i switch directions from left to right or vis-versa i have to click the directional key twice rather than just keep my finger on the button (once to turn the actor and then again to make him walk in that diection. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thumbthug