what a bad day - submitting app to store

TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
edited November -1 in Tech Support
The binary you uploaded was invalid. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an Apple submission certificate.

I have read all the posts. followed all the steps and even deleted and re-created all the developer bits etc. nothing I do seems to get round this problem. The distribution setup looks correct. I assume the "Apple submission certificate" is the "distribution" certificate?

Whats the best thing to do, reinstall the OS to clear out all the mess and start again?

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Make sure you setup and downloaded a DISTRIBUTION certificate and not a DEVELOPMENT certificate.
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    Ok, so I cleared out all my certs, keys, the lot, nothing relating to me and the developer account exists. Deleted all items from developer account again and followed game salad instructions to the letter. Exactly the same problem returned.

Ran disk verify and it did find some errors so doing the repair work now. Also just noticed that the "Compress xxxxx" will stop at 12.6mb of 17mb and sit there so I guess the project could be corrupted.

i will have to re-process the project file again. I can look inside the current project and do see files.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    ----Compress xxxxx" will stop at 12.6mb of 17mb -----

this happened to me, turns out the images & sounds folders were bad (not the files in them, but the folder's themselves). I copied the images and sounds into new folders, removed the original ones, and then renamed the copies back. After that I was able to compress. (you need to right click on the project and choose 'show package contents'

a quick test of this is to try and compress the gamesalad project file, if you can't odds are somethings is wrong within.
    thanks for the info, I'll give it a go tonight.
    just wanted to say many thanks for your input.

After I rebuilt the project file by renaming existing folders to .old and then creating new ones and doing a copy of the contents back, the next project file compressed fine. all processing and submission to app store worked ok.

There should be a Wiki entry for problems to include this one.