Is there a "Facebook" genious in the house? I want to start over and could use ?

xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
Hey,
First I have to admit that facebook is something that I can not wrap my brain around.
I find it poorly executed and there is hardly any information on the net that shows how to properly set up an account or delete one.

What I would like to do:

Delete all my accounts (some accidental onces)

Start over with a specific one and use it only for my apps.

This is a LOT of work so if anyone has current how to's, I'd be grateful.

Perhaps this info is useful to others too so if anyone feels like teaching, I'm happy to listen :)

Comments

• ForteForte Member, PRO Posts: 297
    Now, I'm not a "Facebook Genius" as I, have deleted my account too.

I tell you, Facebook makes it so hard to find the option to delete accounts. Which is a good example of *******.

You will need to search in the help centre "Delete Account" there should then be an option. When you go and delete your account(s), you will have to wait 2 weeks before the account will be deleted, if, between the time it gets deleted, and you log into the account, the countdown will be canceled, in which you will need to goto the delete account option again.

Hope that helps.

Dragokillz

P.s. I haven't been on GS for ages. Hi everyone!
  • simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    HI Dragokillz ... I know some phrases are very casual and don't mean anything to the user, and different countries are more sensitive than others but please consider changing 'Which is a good example of .....' to something else.

Appreciated.
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    I second simo103. Nice you helped the OP, though.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    simo103 said:
    HI Dragokillz ... I know some phrases are very casual and don't mean anything to the user, and different countries are more sensitive than others but please consider changing 'Which is a good example of .....' to something else.

Appreciated.

+1
  • xyloFUNxyloFUN Member Posts: 1,593
    unfortunately, it's a busy day so facebook has to wait another day but from my experience, the concept is a labyrinth which reminds me on the old Eagles classic "Hotel California".
    You can check out any time, but you can never leave!

What is most confusing is that i've made a new page for little composers that I can log into but as soon as i click a few buttons i'm back at my old usual profile which i no longer want.

facebook is evil and i am considering removing the button from the web page altogether because it's not worth bothering.
    Maybe I just keep the page so that no one else can take it which means that I have to log on once in a while but the rest can go! The sooner, the better!
  • wsdomainwsdomain Member Posts: 35
    You can go to " Account " at the right side of profile button then go to Account settings and click deactivate account. But i heard from few friends that after doing this step there accounts is still visible.
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    its turning into myspace. spamming whores and companies randomly spamming ppl with spam....

great now i'm hungry
  • jpmurphjpmurph Member Posts: 62
    I've used the guys at http://www.weteachfacebook.com bc they have some good how videos for free
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    If you've ever seen the South Park episode about facebook, it's pretty much exactly like that when you try to deactivate your account.
  • wsdomainwsdomain Member Posts: 35
    Aquarius - True but facebook is a very important tool for Social Media Optimization.
  • caziuscazius Member Posts: 4
    if you deactivate its just sitting on there but its hidden, so you're basically not there, but you can just sign in as usual and it brings your account back. to delete it permanently sign in and follow this link

https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account

not sure how long it take but after that it'll be gone forever. and you can then use your email adress to make a new account.
    you can't make pages or groups to promote your games if you don't have some kind of account on there tho.
    hope that helps, although i'm basically reiterating whats said above.
  • caziuscazius Member Posts: 4
    cazius said:
    if you deactivate its just sitting on there but its hidden, so you're basically not there, but you can just sign in as usual and it brings your account back. to delete it permanently sign in and follow this link

https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account

not sure how long it take but after that it'll be gone forever. and you can then use your email adress to make a new account.
    you can't make pages or groups to promote your games if you don't have some kind of account on there tho.
    hope that helps, although i'm basically reiterating whats said above.

also if you're careful what you click on you're very unlikely to get spammed.