Marketing Suggestions

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I have submitted promo codes to some review sites that I found by googling "iphone app reviews." I have also made some announcements as facebook status updates.

Does anyone have other suggestions on the best ways to get the word out about our games that actually generates sales?

Comments

• PPenguinPPenguin Member, PRO Posts: 110
    You could mention it on a gaming forum, start a twitter account for your "game company"... can't think of anything else right now.

To be honest, if your game is awesome, it will spread by word of mouth eventually.. But it has to be good enough to stand out among 60,000+ other iPhone apps.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I know there is no magic bullet. I just wondered if anyone has come across some effective marketing tools.
  • stanimationstanimation Member Posts: 406
    Hey scitunes. I did the same things you did. I have had moderate interest in one forum on Touch Arcade site. Besides that just some social networking. And since we are on the subject, I think that having as many positive reviews of our app on the App Store really would help. Thats where all of us GS community members need to participate and grab those PROMO codes from fellow GS developers and WRITE NICE REVIEWS. Not all games are great and not all games are liked by all people. Different strokes if you know what I'm saying. But we all put lots of effort into our projects. I encourage all GSers to do there best in supporting our fellow gamers by using the PROMO codes offered so we can help PROMOTE community members projects. You don't have to like the game, just be supportive in PROMOTION of it. Sorry, I'll get off the soapbox now.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Haha I agree Stan (and thanks for reviewing my app in the store ;) ). I will gladly write a review for apps that actually look like a lot of time and effort went into them.

And as for promotion strategies:
    Facebook Groups
    Myspace Bulletins
    Sell stuff on ebay and craigslist and put advertisements on them
    Promos on forums, youtube, etc.
    Lite Versions
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I think we have to be careful about leaving 5 star reviews for apps that we don't really like or that look like little to no time was put into it. Especially the second part. I have given some 5 star reviews to GS apps that I never play because I could tell that others would really like them. But it does not help anyone if people start feeling tricked by phony reviews. It could backfire and people will leave really nasty reviews in retaliation for being tricked.