downloaded iPhone app (publish button)

TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
edited November -1 in Tech Support
ok, so I created a new app called flick, clicked on publish button and selected iPhone and then "upload as new game". Entered app name and selected icon and code sign. App gets saved to selected folder but it is the name of a previous project and although the file size is different, when I drop it to itunes, it tells me the app is already there. This is because its the same name as a previous project and not the one I entered.

I expect the only solution is to delete all projects from my GS iPhone profile and then upload it so its the only app in my GS account. This is not ideal and should be looked at.

Comments

• TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    so I think its now down to the fact I need to create a new app id before I can get the app to come down as a new name. Did not think of this.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    You need to go to your developer portal at apple's developers site and create a new app id and new development provisioning profile for each and every app that you want to put on your ipod for development purposes. You will also need a separate distribution provisioning profile for each and every app that you submit to the appstore (you can use the same app id for the development versions and distribution versions).
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    You can test as many apps as you want with the GS viewer app without making app ids or profiles.
  • TwistedMechTwistedMech Member Posts: 408
    I added a new app Id and prov file. Then when I went to publish with the new dev profile, I had a signing error. Removed everything from key chain and apple dev portal and can't resolve this problem. I am now trying a mac rebuild and starting again from scratch with a new certificate etc to see if the problem goes away.